Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera Sprint Booster Installation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 11:35 AM
porschesurgeon is on a distinguished road
Panamera Sprint Booster Installation?

Does anyone have photos of the Sprint Booster installation for the Panamera? I just installed it in my 2006 Cayenne S and it's a blast to drive. I am going to order another for this car too. Thanks

Old 02-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
We have done a few installs on the Panamera. Unfortunately, we don't have any images.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Is the installation any different from a 2010 997.2?

Old 02-18-2012, 05:17 PM
tjhunts is on a distinguished road
sprint booster

Does this only apply to turbo? Never heard of it. I have an '11 Panamera. What's the benefit? Cost?

Thanks

Old 03-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
While I realize that this is a rather old thread, but we recently had a Porsche Panamera 4S come in that we put a sprintbooster in. Here's a pic of where we had hidden the switch.

and @ tjhunts the sprintbooster eliminate the lag in throttle response that is all too common with Drive by wire vehicles. And it's not only for the turbo models, it works on all Panamera models.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:36 AM
wnshie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tjhunts
Does this only apply to turbo? Never heard of it. I have an '11 Panamera. What's the benefit? Cost?

Thanks
It works on my Panny 4S, it minimizes the time lag caused by the electronic throttle at pickup from stationary

Old 03-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by wnshie
It works on my Panny 4S, it minimizes the time lag caused by the electronic throttle at pickup from stationary
Yup, How do you like yours?

Old 03-29-2012, 09:16 AM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Wouldn't this device make the throttle too sensitive?

Old 03-29-2012, 09:56 AM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by bli8
Wouldn't this device make the throttle too sensitive?
It did on my Cayman S bigtime, but I'm not sure here. It's nothing more than a remap of the throttle signal to give more throttle with less travel. I tried mine and sent it back - the install was simple.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by umwolverine
It did on my Cayman S bigtime, but I'm not sure here. It's nothing more than a remap of the throttle signal to give more throttle with less travel. I tried mine and sent it back - the install was simple.
The Cayman was a popular unit very early on. The one that you installed, was it a single program version 1? If so, we ended up sending a lot of clients the automatic one since it wasn't as sensitive as the manual to use in their manual Caymans.

The new Version 2 units have a 3-position switch. You can select between, stock, sport and "race".

Old 03-29-2012, 01:09 PM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
i am really tempting to get one .....

Old 03-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by JMC8
i am really tempting to get one .....
Try it, we offer a 30-day money back on it. Here is a link to all the individual Porsche models. http://www.gmpperformance.com/index....tList&cid=5807

Old 03-29-2012, 01:44 PM
I installed one in my 2010 997.2 C2 and in my 2006 Cayenne S. Very pleased and no regrets.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:46 PM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GMP Performance
Try it, we offer a 30-day money back on it. Here is a link to all the individual Porsche models. http://www.gmpperformance.com/index....tList&cid=5807
Is there a 6speedonline forum discount?

Old 03-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by JMC8
Is there a 6speedonline forum discount?
The units used to retail for $329 and we would give a 10% discount. Now they are a straight $299 with virtually free ($0.01) shipping.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera Sprint Booster Installation?