Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Panamera S - Transmission gone after 30 miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 05:53 PM
zhecks is on a distinguished road
Angry 2012 Panamera S - Transmission gone after 30 miles

Just picked up my 2012 Panamera S last night with 22 miles on it. Drove home, parked in the garage and got it ready for a Saturday outing with the new car.

After started the car this morning and tried to shift into 'Reverse', the gear won't engage. Then the 'Fault Transmission' Message and the 'Check Engine' light came on.

Is it my luck or there is a problem with the PS transmission?

Old 05-06-2012, 12:40 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by zhecks
Just picked up my 2012 Panamera S last night with 22 miles on it. Drove home, parked in the garage and got it ready for a Saturday outing with the new car.

After started the car this morning and tried to shift into 'Reverse', the gear won't engage. Then the 'Fault Transmission' Message and the 'Check Engine' light came on.

Is it my luck or there is a problem with the PS transmission?
SOunds like this car was dead on arrival, I would demand a new car.

Really sorry for you, havent heard of a similar issue...

Old 05-07-2012, 12:17 AM
asfwp is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear that. Must be the most frustrating thing ever, after waiting and picking up the new car, just getting ready to enjoy it.

This is getting into their 3rd year of production. They should've ironed out big issues like this. I haven't heard of any similar transmission issues...

Let me know what happens.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:01 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
I would return it for a new car. Don't let them talk you into keeping it. I am also disappointed.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Well, Porsche Service informed me today that the car needed a new transmission. aahh

Assuming no one else has the same problem out there, I assume I am the number #1 in the million (should go out and buy Lotto this weekend).

Old 05-09-2012, 08:54 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Well, Porsche Service informed me today that the car needed a new transmission. aahh

Assuming no one else has the same problem out there, I assume I am the number #1 in the million (should go out and buy Lotto this weekend).
If you bought the car and resale value worries you, then a transmission will most likely show up on Carfax. Try to negotiate your way to a Turbo for a few bucks more or lawyer up. I would say Porsche would love to get that transmission and analyze the crap out of it, while shutting you up.

You have the upper hand, use it.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
If you want to get a replacement, they will do it. They didn't even show any hesitance for a replacement vehicle (passenger and rear seat replacements for Cayenne S).

Negotiating your way to a Turbo? I don't see this happening unless your PS MSRP is close to PTT, which I highly doubt.

Possible options that I see:
1) They will try to get that transmission replaced
2) They will replace the vehicle depending on availability and your situation
3) If they don't want to replace the vehicle, you have to take that to a higher level and most likely, the vehicle will be replaced.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:21 PM
supercup is on a distinguished road
Really sorry to hear about your issue with your new car. Really ruins the experience.

Good luck getting it resolved to your satisfaction. Get exactly what you want from them, don't accept the car back until you get it.

I see you are in LA - I am in OC, I had someone put a number on my car one day at Cars and Coffee for a local lemon law lawyer. I will post it up for you tommorrow, if I can find at my office.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by Enilder
If you want to get a replacement, they will do it. They didn't even show any hesitance for a replacement vehicle (passenger and rear seat replacements for Cayenne S).

Negotiating your way to a Turbo? I don't see this happening unless your PS MSRP is close to PTT, which I highly doubt.

Possible options that I see:
1) They will try to get that transmission replaced
2) They will replace the vehicle depending on availability and your situation
3) If they don't want to replace the vehicle, you have to take that to a higher level and most likely, the vehicle will be replaced.
Does replacing the transmission affect the resale value of the car or show up in CarFax?

Most people are suggesting a replacement car. I thought Porsche NA will only consider that if they cannot fix the problem to my satisfaction.

I worry more about what else may go wrong on the car.

thank you all for your inputs.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:40 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Does replacing the transmission affect the resale value of the car or show up in CarFax?

Most people are suggesting a replacement car. I thought Porsche NA will only consider that if they cannot fix the problem to my satisfaction.

The dealer might call it some internal code, but it will be noted most certainly on Carfax.

Maybe I'm wrong, but you will be surprised how much access Carfax has.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:49 AM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold
Similar issue on a new 991. Cross referencing:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tranded-2.html
Engine was swapped by Porsche along with $6400 certificates to Porsche driving school

Last edited by DS997c2s; 05-10-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:57 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold

I think there are two separate types of situations:

1. Dead on arrival. Car is allready broken when delivered, which I think 30 miles is proof of. They should have checked it properly before giving it to you and therefore they are responsible -> demand a new car as you dont accept the broken car they delivered to you (your situation)

2. Broken under warranty. The transmission breaks when you are driving it. Car was ok when you received it and it broke when you drove it, but warranty covers it.

I think your car was dead on arrival, broken while in the hands of Porsche before delivery. You bought a working car IMO, not a broken one as the price of a broken car would have been less.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Kid At Heart is on a distinguished road
wow that sucks...demand a replacement, should be pretty easy to get.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:35 PM
A quick update. Porsche NA finally jumped in to take charge. They are trying to convince me to keep the car with a replacement transmission and offering an incentive package. Since this is a lease car, I may consider it (provided the package is going to keep me very happy).

Also, Porsche NA makes the replacement car process very time consuming. It will require a formal written request to the warranty department, etc, etc. It can take months. It is not a clear cut like talking to customer service department and they will do all the paper work. Has anyone gone thru a replacement car process?

I must say the service department of this dealership is very good and keep me informed on a daily basis of what is happening with the repair all along.

One very disappointing observation: both the salesman and the sales manager did not return my phone call when I left a message for them to address the issue. All I got was an email from the salesman saying 'he will inform the sales manager and Porsche NA'. So much for customer service. I guess once you pay and out the door, you are not a potential customer anymore. Have they heard of returning customers???

Old 05-18-2012, 12:42 PM
CTAudiFan is on a distinguished road
That's just poor business. Lemon laws differ from state to state and typically do not apply until several attempts have been made for the same repair, or a number of unrelated issues have developed. In this case, it's pretty clear cut: they are willing to replace the transmission. Given that it is a lease, and if you typically turn it in at the end as opposed to buying it out, it shouldn't make a difference.

But they should certainly be willing to load you up with incentives to make up for it. And once you do pick it up, be sure to drop in and see the sales manager to express your dissatisfaction with HIM.

In my business, as in any GOOD business, there is no such thing as a one-time customer. My livelihood depends upon repeat business ... not taking your call or calling you back is ludicrous. Let them have it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 Panamera S - Transmission gone after 30 miles