Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport+...how often do you use it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 05:31 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Sport+...how often do you use it?

I'm still "experimenting" with the features in my 4S and I was using the "Sport+" setting on the way home from work yesterday. The first thing I noticed was how aggressive the car became...a whole different personality from shifts to throttle response, firmness, and handling...wow! In particular, I noted how the transmission set to first, instead of second, when I brought the car to a stop. While I enjoyed the "personality" that Sport+ gave the car, it strikes me that it may be best suited for highway driving and might not be the best setting for city traffic. Inasmuch as I'm new to all this, I would be interested in how others use this setting. Thanks!

Old 07-18-2012, 07:09 AM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
Probably about half the time. The performance and sound is addictive.

I always let the car and oil temperature warm up before shifting out of comfort.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:49 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
i almost never use it on my PTT, the ride is way too aggressive for the street and it holds the gears so much that the engine is constantly winding out. i drive in regular Sport mode all the time

Old 07-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cvprez
i almost never use it on my PTT, the ride is way too aggressive for the street and it holds the gears so much that the engine is constantly winding out. i drive in regular Sport mode all the time
Agree, particularly regarding the transmission holding the gears so long. So far, "Sport" has been my preferred setting as well.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:44 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Winter and stop go traffic in the city or bad roads = comfort, summer and highways = sport, sport + = rare occasions when power is needed. The roads here are mostly in poor condition, so even in sport I sometimes leave the chassis in comfort.

Last edited by kip; 07-18-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:45 PM
aalencar is on a distinguished road
Sports plus on the GTS is pretty wild. Addictive but not ideal for daily driving. I use comfort on back roads, heavy traffic; sport for highway; sport plus when I want to be reminded what my car can do.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:59 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
All the time, I shift myself most of the time, I hate auto trannies, so I entertain myself by shifting...

Old 07-18-2012, 10:55 PM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
Daily driving I toggle between comfort and sport mode. I hardly use sport plus and IMHO this is for track use which Im taking my baby to in November so I can fully test out the sport plus mode.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:06 AM
AndyLH335 has a spectacular aura aboutAndyLH335 has a spectacular aura about
Comfort mode is mostly used daily (7th gear saves gas and less sensitive), only on the highway or mt roads that I will use Sport or Sport plus. Like entering highway, changing lanes and etc. Would prefer to keep up with the flow on the highway rather than those extremely slow lane changers who cut you off and do 20 mph.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.