Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4s sports exhaust vs gts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 12:21 PM
panny1 is on a distinguished road
4s sports exhaust vs gts

i just drove my buddies new Pgts and as a P4s owner, i'm a little jealous of the exhaust note.

If I spend the $ to upgrade my P4s with the OEM sports exhaust, will it sound the same?

Does anyone have the OEM sports exhaust on the P4s?

Old 08-03-2012, 12:42 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
The sound issue is a biggie in the Panamera. They thought we wanted silent sportcars. The pse makes the sound better for the observer, not so much for the driver. The better sound in the pgts, not pse, is a combination of throttle blips, sound sympozer etc. This you wont get in other panameras. You will most definately get a better sound than the oem, but it probably wont equal the pgts. I wish Porsche would make a tequipment sport exhaust kit to correct this problem.

Last edited by kip; 08-03-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:50 PM
thanks kip. was worried that the different PDK mapping in the Pgts was partially repsonsible for the downshift burbs and that even is i paid teh $ for the upgrade it wouldn't be the same.

still would love to hear from any P4s ownere who has hte sports exhaust and how they compare it to the Pgts

Old 08-03-2012, 12:54 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Sorry if I was unclear, thats what I meant. Even if you upgrade, you wont equal that of the gts.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:05 PM
you were perfrectly clear. and your response was what i was concerned with.

I'd still like to hear form anyone who has compared the P4s sports exhaust to the new Pgts. Is the exhaust close? Is the upgrade worth it?

Old 08-03-2012, 09:41 PM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
I think even if you take the sound symposium out of the equation, the PGTS still has a revised engine which can contribute to a different sound, and with the different software of the transmission with the blipping of the throttle, one will just hear the effect of the sport exhaust more often.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Why not put on an aftermarket exhaust? You might not have the revised engine mapping of the GTS, but you'll get much improved sound.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:30 AM
hummerchine is on a distinguished road
I've got the sports exhaust on my 4s, and always turn it on...sounds way better! But wish for more, and have not heard the GTS...don't even want to, I'm sure it would make me envious and I love my car!

Old 08-04-2012, 12:49 PM
sportsman4028 is on a distinguished road
Hummerchine, What exhaust did you have installed? How is it turned on and off?

Old 08-04-2012, 12:52 PM
hummerchine is on a distinguished road
OEM, came with car. Button between seats.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:16 AM
thanks hummerchine. leaning towards getting the upgrade. i would still love to hear from anyone who has compared them side by side. P4s with sports exhaust vs pgts

Old 08-06-2012, 02:42 AM
kip
Originally Posted by panny1
thanks hummerchine. leaning towards getting the upgrade. i would still love to hear from anyone who has compared them side by side. P4s with sports exhaust vs pgts
Here is a sound clip of PSE from Porsche Ag.

http://cc.porsche.com/icc_euro/mimes...?ts=1278663391

There is also now an exclusive option with the sport tailpipes, but I asume they dont affect the sound.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:28 AM
dlss23 is on a distinguished road
don't bother with PSE

I was looking for a good exhaust for my 4S, i listened to PSE in person, sound okay but you won't hear that much when you are in your car, plus it isn't cheap. I finally installed capristo, and now it has way better sound. This is not an ad., you can find some nice sound clips on the internet. Try capristo, KSG or supersprint. They make very good sound.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:27 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Tubi may be another to look at. Akrapovic as well...

J

Old 08-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Former Vendor
TAGMotorsports will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by terrence
I think even if you take the sound symposium out of the equation, the PGTS still has a revised engine which can contribute to a different sound, and with the different software of the transmission with the blipping of the throttle, one will just hear the effect of the sport exhaust more often.
This is very true... So to answer your question... No, it will not sound the same as a Panny GTS.

My suggestion would be to get the AWE Exhaust system. It makes it sound perfect in my opinion and comes with the option of Black or Silver Tips...

Give us a call or shoot me a PM for special 6SPEEDOnline pricing on the Panamera Exhaust!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 4s sports exhaust vs gts