Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I dont know what they did in the turbo recall but my fuel consumption is better...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 05:09 PM
vigoureux is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Botox
Mine seems pretty responsive also, just got it back. I'll get on it next week. The downpipes are an excellent upgrade for sound. Figure it was only right to make it a little bit better in exchange of the hassle! As a side note, I noticed my oil temp gauge rise quicker than before also, but now seems steady. I'll be watching!
Are your AWE downpipes completely catless? If yes, how do you stand the smell??

Old 09-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
The AWE downpipes have 200 cell racing cats which are more efficient than the 800 cell stockers. This gives about 40 or so hp with improved spooling of the turbos, and much better exhaust note. No check engine lights either! So far I find the pedal very responsive. The sound is great with the stock sport exhaust as it is quiet when cruising, yet muscle car loud with aggressive acceleration. I think it will be a good combo. I am taking a great drive in the Rocky's this weekend and give feedback with the setup.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:31 PM
The AWE downpipes have 200 cell racing cats which are more efficient than the 800 cell stockers. This gives about 40 or so hp with improved spooling of the turbos, and much better exhaust note. No check engine lights either! So far I find the pedal very responsive. The sound is great with the stock sport exhaust as it is quiet when cruising, yet muscle car loud with aggressive acceleration. I think it will be a good combo. I am taking a great drive in the Rocky's this weekend and give feedback with the setup.
Oh that's good so no smells whatsoever? I also have a GTR and it's completely catless from the turbo to the back; I can't open the windows because of the smell. It's that bad so smell is my #1 concern.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
No smells, no CEL!

Old 09-20-2012, 07:21 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Does the IPD plenum really help any? I was debating if to get it or not but I can't seem to justify it, if the car is not producing more than 800hp, I think at this figure the stocker chokes, at least that was the case on the 997 turbo.

Who made you get it? And what did they tell you? It's inexpensive and all but I don't want to give my service advisor a "headache" if the gains are not there.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:47 PM
There are gains on the intake side for sure. The full systems like agency add good power, but I couldn't get it to fit properly. I believe it is too rigid to allow for engine movement during acceleration. When it was connected without leaks , it added noticeable power. The IPD plenum does this to a lesser degree, faster spooling was noticeable, esp in colorado where there is less O2. It fits quickly with no issues.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:16 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
A new observation. When I do kickdown in comfort mode, I also get the orange overboost! It used to only be possible in the sport modes.

This is new. Anyone else have this?

Old 09-30-2012, 04:05 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
This new feature is actually very useful as I drive mostly in comfort mode. Now whenever I need power, I just floor it and get overboost, no need to press buttons. Its a little slower to react than the sport modes, but excellent for unexpected events.

Today saw 1.1 bar in comfort mode, crazy!

Is this in your car too botox?

Old 09-30-2012, 06:37 PM
E63911K12 has a spectacular aura aboutE63911K12 has a spectacular aura about
The full systems like agency add good power, but I couldn't get it to fit properly. I believe it is too rigid to allow for engine movement during acceleration. When it was connected without leaks , it added noticeable power.

Botox,

Sorry to see you had problems with the AP intake. I've had the AP carbon fiber intake for almost 10,000 miles without any problems. My car was the one they used to develop the initial prototype so I was very pleased to get one of the first units. Still works (and looks) great!

Old 10-17-2012, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by kip
A new observation. When I do kickdown in comfort mode, I also get the orange overboost! It used to only be possible in the sport modes.

This is new. Anyone else have this?
kip, I just noticed my overboost works on comfort and sport as well as sport plus.
And I also noticed a small arrow facing up at the boost gage when overboost is active. I never had these features before. And I cannot remember what/when was the last software update on my car so I don't know which update brought these features. Since I didn't have my turbos changes what so ever, do u know what update this could be?

Old 10-17-2012, 12:49 PM
kip
For me the arrows have been there all the time, the only change is the possibility for overboost in comfort mode.

Last edited by kip; 10-17-2012 at 12:51 PM.