Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked Up My New 2013 Porsche Panamera Turbo last night!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Dallas991 is on a distinguished road
Picked Up My New 2013 Porsche Panamera Turbo last night!

I always expected my first Porsche to be a 911 (991 specifically), but with two young kids, the Panamera is just way more practical (if that is even a possible to be said for any Porsche).

My dealer had a 2012 and 2013 Turbo in stock and thanks to you, I was able to get (I think) a good discount (6% off MSRP) on the 2013 in Basalt Black with Cognac interior. The whole process was so quick. Arrived at the dealer at 3:30, they did a quick assessment of my 2009 E93 M3 and I was out the door by 5pm. Also opted for the Modulare 22" one-piece forged wheels. I normally like just plain silver, but I thought these looked pretty bad-*** on the Basalt Black.

I have been "nervous Nelly" driving around town last night and today because this car is so much bigger than my M3. I didn't take the optional wheel protection but am now thinking I might. I can call anytime this week to do so.

I attached five pictures (I think). Thanks again for your help! I absolutely love the Porsche "VROOM" at startup. Brilliant.

Attached Images      
Old 10-06-2012, 04:56 PM
nova996 is on a distinguished road
Congratulations! You will love it. I have 500 miles on my GTS now, and I can finally say I'm getting comfortable with it. The car is *so* much fun when you're really comfortable with it.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:04 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Congrats! Nice car, rims make it look mean

Old 10-07-2012, 01:10 AM
Daniel Coldwell is on a distinguished road
Congrats and have fun with your new big Panamera!

Old 10-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations on your new Pana Turbo! Like you, my 4S is my very first Porsche and I'll go out on a limb to say that you're going to love this car. I agree with the advice to get the wheel and tire insurance...with 22" wheels there is an even greater likelihood that this coverage will come in handy.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:01 PM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats !!!

Since those wheels are aftermarket, did you also get the OEM wheels ??? If not, you should request them. There will come a time where you need a wheel to get you back and forth while your wheel is being fixed.

I would get a spare tire !!! !!! !!! When I had my panamera I had a couple of issues with a 22" wheel and had to leave the wheel overnight to be repaired. If I did not have a spare, I would have had to leave the car.

I had the wheel and tire protection on a mercedes with 22" wheels. If YOU damage a wheel, it will not be covered. Check with the dealer and verify what the package will cover.

just a thought, dont get me started on the no spare

Old 10-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
I purchased this coverage from my dealer and it covers flat tires and any damage sustained to wheels and tires, including curb rash.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:14 PM
neuneleven has a spectacular aura aboutneuneleven has a spectacular aura about
Congrats, she is a menacing beauty with the Modulars. Have loads of fun in her with the family...and even more without.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:13 AM
pacelineporsche will become famous soon enough
Congrats! Beautiful car. My GTS is ordered and is due to be completed 10/31/2012. I hope they don't paint it pumpkin orange!

Old 10-08-2012, 10:23 AM
keith27 will become famous soon enough
Congrats, beautiful car! I'm VERY interested in getting the Cognac interior as well... Could you please post detailed photos of your interior???

Old 10-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
You will be driving it around like it was your m3 in no time . Miles of smiles to come. Congrats and Enjoy!

Old 10-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Dallas991 is on a distinguished road
Thanks everyone! I will post some additional interior shots shortly. Still on the fence on the wheel protection. I called Modulare and all wheels are custom made (5-6 weeks lead time). So I have a call in to my dealer to understand what would happen should one of my wheels need to be replaced. That would be kind of a deal-breaker. The downside to non-standard wheels is when one needs to be replaced. I love the look of them but hoping I don't need to replace one anytime soon...

Old 10-08-2012, 01:40 PM
keith27 will become famous soon enough
Awesome, thank you

Old 10-08-2012, 07:38 PM
hummerchine is on a distinguished road
Words cannot describe how much I LOVE my 4S after a year...I'm sure your new can is gonna blow your mind! Have fun...like DUH!

Old 10-11-2012, 07:04 PM
TestnDoc is on a distinguished road
Stunning car! Congrats!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picked Up My New 2013 Porsche Panamera Turbo last night!