Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4S Cab to Panny

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 05:40 PM
carsnob is on a distinguished road
C4S Cab to Panny

There's a post: "Panamera, any regrets?", but to take it one step further...have any of you previous 911 owners who have switched to a Panny missed the real "sports car feeling" of your previous 911. Or have you missed a cabriolet?
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a P4S or PTT, but am wondering if it'll be a mistake and I'll pine for my '06 911 4S cab.
From reading all the posts, it's clear that most Panamera owners love their car. I'm just wondering how many have left a 911 for it....
thanks...

Old 12-31-2012, 07:26 PM
Tripleblack will become famous soon enoughTripleblack will become famous soon enough
I switched to a Panamera S from an 07 S Cab. I do miss the sports car feel and the convertible. But not enough to go back.So miss it yes. Regret it no. Just make sure to get the 4S.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:30 AM
jmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to all
I switched from a C2S (2009) for a Panamera Turbo. I kept it two years which is a long time for me. I loved that car for its torque and convenience factor. It was wide and that took a little more effort in parking and tight parking lot maneuvers but I would have kept it if it hadn't developed a squeak in the front end that I couldn't duplicate for the service department. I understand that "flaw" has been corrected. The lure of the "all new" 991 with all the convenience options and luxury of the Panamera made me change over to a new 911. I like the size and the upgraded interior and the conveniences of automatic headlights, front and rear parking sensors, keyless entry and the Burmeister stereo. All I miss is the hatch back and the roomy back seats. Oh yes, and the unbelievable torque of the turbo.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:18 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
997.1tt to ptt With powerkit. Honestly the car is faster, more luxurious, modern and fits my family. No regrets.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:32 PM
carsnob is on a distinguished road
Good to know! Thanks! Now it's just a question of opting for the tt vs 4S...It's a heavier car so I'm guessing the 4S has a lot of weight to pull and the turbo would make the car feel "lighter".

Old 01-02-2013, 05:40 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
I only drove the 4S before I bought the Panamera. The 4S feels quick, but when you mash the throttle of the PTT, it is a beast and you feel it needs awd to stay in shape. The 4S feels like it has enough power for every situation, but the PTT feels like it has too much power, and ultimately most of the time you drive in rush hour etc. its those rare moments that count. And that wing that deploys at speed, still puts a smile on my face. The turbo just makes you smile.

I think these 3 vids are all you need to see to make up your mind :

http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-usa-s01e08-season-1-episode-8_part-1_2187648.htm

Last edited by kip; 01-02-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
go for the GTS - sits right in the middle and is a superb version.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:52 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
most probably have the Panamera and not the 911 because need the extra room for other duties
I dont think anyone will choose a larger car vs a coupe unless they have a reason for one
so no it is not a 911, but as close to the experience as you can get in a Porsche with FOUR doors
it is a tremendous car.
I initially ordered the GTS and I think is the pick of the litter. However being a turbo guy and HP junkie went with the PTTS

Old 01-07-2013, 06:54 PM
supercup is on a distinguished road
I had a 2009 997 Turbo Cab 6 speed and a 2006 BMW M5. M5 was closing in on 100k, so time to go. I decided to sell both and get a Panamerra Turbo, as I need the 4 door car everyday. Option was to wait 6 months for new M5, but I just wasn't feeling the new M5. The Turbo Cab has covered 5,000 miles in 2 years (sad but true) as I just did not have time to drive it much.

Loved the Turbo Cab and it is a totally different feel than the PTT. But the PTT met my everyday needs and my weekend kid sports hauling duties as well. I have no regrets about leaving the M5 and the Turbo Cab to get the PTT and have just 1 car. To me it was worth the premium over the M5.

The GTS is the happy medium and a bit less dollars and will probably make you very happy in a four door. The PTT will make you smile everytime you mash your right foot, it is simply magnificant!

Good luck with you decision!

Attached Images   
Old 01-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
great post supercup - i just don't really want 2 cars but i don't know if one cuts it. i ilked the turbo's i drove and if i remember correctly, the lag was much less than my turbo Cayenne or turbo 911.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:47 PM
supercup is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
great post supercup - i just don't really want 2 cars but i don't know if one cuts it. i ilked the turbo's i drove and if i remember correctly, the lag was much less than my turbo Cayenne or turbo 911.
PTT lag is not bad, but like any Turbo in certain situations it does have lag issues. The naturally aspirated V8 (GTS, 4S and S) are really nice around town and on the twisties. On the open road the Turbo and Turbo S are king of the hill.

GTS is the sporty version. The PTT and PTTS are the sick fast luxury sport version! GTS is probably the best value for the money, but I am very happy I went with the PTT as it suits my need perfectly.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:46 AM
kip
You can also get rid of the lag by installing the powerkit.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:34 AM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
I would definitely look at the GTS if you're concerned about losing the 'sports car feeling'. From a driving dynamics and driver involvement standpoint, it's in a class of it's own in the luxury sedan segment.