Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

v6 pan 2012 oil consumption

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 01:30 PM
smggsm is on a distinguished road
v6 pan 2012 oil consumption

due to oil change in 2k currently 18k miles oil level on min one green bar , i had same issue before 10k the dealer says its normal they all consuoil after 10k break in should be better .. but still its using alot.. all in green oil level always say ok... is this normal???

Old 02-06-2013, 04:53 PM
rzundel will become famous soon enough
Not sure I follow what your question is? I have 6k on my V6 Panny and still have half my oil bars left. I don't think I am consuming oil on mine.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by rzundel
Not sure I follow what your question is? I have 6k on my V6 Panny and still have half my oil bars left. I don't think I am consuming oil on mine.
I drove the car 7k need oil change in 3k now the level on min

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1749
Size:	322.9 KB
ID:	209138  
Old 02-08-2013, 05:23 AM
akbjr will become famous soon enoughakbjr will become famous soon enough
oil consumption

Hi there,

I think its pretty normal. I had a 911 that until 10-12 K miles consumed oil and I always kept some 0W-40 handy. I feel like its a similar issue on my P4S, should stabilize soon but the engine will consume oil a little quicker in between oil changes, just top it off but dont overfill. Its easy to overfill and hard to correct. Start with half a quart at a time and see how many increments you can move up the scale, less chance of error this way.

akb

Old 02-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by akbjr
Hi there,

I think its pretty normal. I had a 911 that until 10-12 K miles consumed oil and I always kept some 0W-40 handy. I feel like its a similar issue on my P4S, should stabilize soon but the engine will consume oil a little quicker in between oil changes, just top it off but dont overfill. Its easy to overfill and hard to correct. Start with half a quart at a time and see how many increments you can move up the scale, less chance of error this way.

akb
the mileage now 18k.. when this will be corrected?

thanks for the info

Old 02-08-2013, 05:31 PM
akbjr will become famous soon enoughakbjr will become famous soon enough
Hey man

18K is a little high I agree. Maybe you are a race car driver and you dont know it......? On a more serious note maybe have it checked out a different dealer, I would assume that between 10 and 15K that issue should be resolved.

akb

Originally Posted by smggsm
the mileage now 18k.. when this will be corrected?

thanks for the info

Old 03-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by akbjr
Hey man

18K is a little high I agree. Maybe you are a race car driver and you dont know it......? On a more serious note maybe have it checked out a different dealer, I would assume that between 10 and 15K that issue should be resolved.

akb
they filled tapped the oil now 1900 mile one bar is gone
i think this is not normal they keep telling its normal for the Porsche car they all consume oil

Old 03-10-2013, 04:32 AM
disden will become famous soon enough
My 2010 Pan Turbo loved to consume oil, I dumped a quart in every 3k miles at least. However on my 2013 GTS, I haven't needed to put any oil in.

Old 03-10-2013, 02:53 PM
litumup411 is on a distinguished road
I have a 2011 V6 RWD with 42,000 and it consumes about between 1/4 to 1/2 qt between oil changes, which I've done every 5k with a filter. As I'm sure you were, I was really cautious during break-in, and I don't step into it unless the oil's warm.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:43 AM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
The oil level shown on the gauge between min and max represents approximately half a quart. Your car holds approximately eight quarts. I have had to put 1/4 to 1/2 quart in mine one time about two weeks before a regular service, and that is it ... in 33,000 miles.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:47 PM
asfwp is on a distinguished road
i thought the 4 bars on the oil level gauge represent 1 quart total, approximately. whenever mine is at minimum with warning, i add a quart 0W-40, and it's full.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:03 PM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
My experience was different. I don't know why. The "low oil light" came on and I called the dealer service manager (who is really great) and he said add oil in half quart increments until full. I added 1/2 quart and it all four bars were green so I stopped. That was about two weeks before my regular service, and the only time I have had to add oil.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:00 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
My 2013 PTT consumed 2 quarts during break in < 2000 miles. Now at almost 8k miles, i've not added any oils at all. It did dropped a bar after I did a spirited driving along the Pacific Coast Highway in sport plus but that's it.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:23 PM
LaicepsYdobon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by asfwp
i thought the 4 bars on the oil level gauge represent 1 quart total, approximately. whenever mine is at minimum with warning, i add a quart 0W-40, and it's full.
You are correct. The difference between the MIN and MAX mark is 1 liter which is 1.05 quarts. Each of of those 4 segments represent 0.25 liters.

This is from the online Panamera manual:

http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...nction-display

Old 07-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by LaicepsYdobon
You are correct. The difference between the MIN and MAX mark is 1 liter which is 1.05 quarts. Each of of those 4 segments represent 0.25 liters.

This is from the online Panamera manual:

http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...nction-display
this 2nd oil change @ 20k now drove 2000 mile now its on the min again...
is it possible these pistons not seated well during break in? i read some where they had some engine problems on the S keep consuming oil...

the dealer say its normal .. i dont think it is ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: v6 pan 2012 oil consumption