Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chassis System Failure?????

Old 07-17-2013, 06:15 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Chassis System Failure?????

Driving home the other night I received a warning that my 4S was experiencing a "Chassis System Failure". Whatever happened, it turned off "Sport" mode and the car suddenly felt like a stone. I could feel every bump in the road. Made it home safely; parked in my garage; and about an hour later I checked the car...thinking that there might have been a ghost in the machine...and it was as if nothing had happened. I tested all the suspension settings and everything worked; no warnings. Yesterday, I drove the car to the dealer to have everything checked out. It might have just been my imagination, but the car still felt heavy in the rear. So, I'm driving a new A6 loaner for the time being and I'm actually pleasantly impressed with the technology inside and the power it has. Once they tell me what happened I'll share that information with everyone.

Last edited by Leslierc; 07-17-2013 at 06:30 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:34 AM
neuneleven has a spectacular aura aboutneuneleven has a spectacular aura about
Sorry to hear about that. Do please keep us posted. Enjoy your stint with the A6

Old 07-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That is weird, but glad you made it home. Let us know of any further developments.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
3 days later and I'm back in my 4S. They replaced something called "AS Compressor" because, according to the Service Tech, the car's computer was not agreeing with the actual suspension setting. Whatever they did, the car feels and drives better than before. As for the A6, a nice car but somewhat lacking in comfort and numb in road feel.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:06 PM
neuneleven has a spectacular aura aboutneuneleven has a spectacular aura about
Welcome back home...The A6 is a very good car for what it is worth but definitely not in the Porsche league

Old 07-26-2013, 02:32 AM
twilight997 is on a distinguished road
Mine had similar problems, were not leveling correctly, taking to long to incline/decline and sometimes it fell lower than the lowest level set by sport button causing cars bottom to hit every bump on the road..

They have replaced the air suspension compressor and all is fine now.