Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pls help me replace my weenie tires/wheels!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 12:24 PM
LAAlpina is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Carolina Girl
cvprez, a deal like that is what I was hoping to find. After thinking about it some more, I'd really prefer to stay oem.

I'll look at Ebay some more.

Thanks!
Hi Carolina Girl,

I'm selling my take-offs if you are interested. $3300 OBO. The link to classified post is below:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...els-tires.html

Thanks.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Carolina Girl has a spectacular aura aboutCarolina Girl has a spectacular aura aboutCarolina Girl has a spectacular aura about
Nice! Can you let me know the date code on the tires?

Thanks!

Old 09-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Nice! Can you let me know the date code on the tires?

Thanks!
Here's a pic of one of them from an old picture I was able to zoom in on. Looks like 2013:

6UL2 OEMX 0613

I also have the work order from when I bought the car in the Spring which shows they put on 4 brand new tires.

Thanks.

Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2013, 02:51 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I would really love to do that, but I can't swing the $.
new 20 inch wheels with 20 inch tires are not cheap, ah what where ya thinking cause Cole's suggestion is spot on

maybe some used on e-bay

Old 09-19-2013, 05:00 AM
Carolina Girl has a spectacular aura aboutCarolina Girl has a spectacular aura aboutCarolina Girl has a spectacular aura about
Hi Tom,

I'm either going to have to go take-offs or aftermarket.

I was on Ebay yesterday and may go that route. (A member on here has some nice ones too.)

I for sure can't afford new OEM - especially not 20's.

Thx.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:36 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Hi Tom,

I'm either going to have to go take-offs or aftermarket.

I was on Ebay yesterday and may go that route. (A member on here has some nice ones too.)

I for sure can't afford new OEM - especially not 20's.

Thx.

be patient and look around lots of stuff out there!!

just remember a cheaper aftermarket wheel may be heavier and affect how the car handles and performs so wait to find the right ones

usually guys on this forum have pretty good stuff!! keep an eye out, out dont have to pay for new!!

Old 09-19-2013, 07:54 AM
I have a bad tire, and so I was just planning to go ahead and pull the trigger on getting wheels/tires, but I don't see a set of the 20's in the price range I can afford. There's a great set in AZ on Ebay, but they're pick-up only.

I think I'll just replace the one tire and, like you said, keep an eye out for a set of take-offs I can swing the $ of.

I can afford 19's but I don't think I would be satisfied with them since I am so unhappy with my 18's.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:54 AM
I have a bad tire, and so I was just planning to go ahead and pull the trigger on getting wheels/tires, but I don't see a set of the 20's in the price range I can afford. There's a great set in AZ on Ebay, but they're pick-up only.

I think I'll just replace the one tire and, like you said, keep an eye out for a set of take-offs I can swing the $ of.

I can afford 19's but I don't think I would be satisfied with them since I am so unhappy with my 18's.

Sounds like a good road trip!!

Old 09-19-2013, 12:19 PM
LAAlpina,

I don't have enough posts to be able to reply to your PM (I guess you have to have 15), but I did want to get back to you.

I would really love to have your wheels/tires - it's just what I'm looking for - but I just can't afford right now since I have to buy them on my own. I was hoping to get some help with it, but no dice!

I think you'll be able to get close to what you are wanting for them though. They're very nice.

Thanks so much for the follow-up!

CG

Old 09-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Sounds like a good road trip!!
Road trip, ROAD TRIP, ROAD TRIP!!!

Old 09-19-2013, 12:27 PM
LAAlpina,

I don't have enough posts to be able to reply to your PM (I guess you have to have 15), but I did want to get back to you.

I would really love to have your wheels/tires - it's just what I'm looking for - but I just can't afford right now since I have to buy them on my own. I was hoping to get some help with it, but no dice!

I think you'll be able to get close to what you are wanting for them though. They're very nice.

Thanks so much for the follow-up!

CG
No worries...I just wanted to check in to see if you wanted me to dig them out of storage and take pics of the other date codes. Good luck.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:57 PM
blacksheep337 is on a distinguished road
I powder coated my turbo 2s black

Last edited by blacksheep337; 09-19-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Supposed to be getting my new Turbo II 20's (take-offs found locally) on Friday.

Woot!

Old 10-02-2013, 08:46 PM
TheBeav will become famous soon enough
Enjoy! Take some before and after pics for us.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:04 PM
timelinex will become famous soon enough
I guess this doesn't apply to you anymore, since you already found some. However this is to anyone else in this situation..

Don't be scared to go aftermarket. Unless you just have the money to blow without thinking twice, OEM wheels are generally a waste of money. If you race your car or are looking for the maximum performance, then there are many aftermarket options that range from small & cheap to as big as you want to go but really expensive (they need to be light). However, if you are like most people, 'cheapo' oem replicas or just aftermarket rims in general, are a GREAT option. You can get them dirt cheap and they will be every bit as good for you. Their main disadvantage is how heavy they are, which isn't an issue for normal drivers.

I don't have my panamera yet, so I'm not speaking from panamera experience. However I have had aftermarket rims and oem replicas rims on 2 cars, and I have had many friends have them on theirs. We have always been happy. In fact, one of the first things my friend usually does after buying a car is buy some really nice aftermarket rims with nice tires, and then sell the oem rims afterwards. Usually comes out way ahead both look and $$ wise!

Last edited by timelinex; 10-02-2013 at 09:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pls help me replace my weenie tires/wheels!