Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTT exhaust/mid pipe ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 11:21 AM
KICKINIT can only hope to improve
PTT exhaust/mid pipe ?

Looking to change up my turbo. I don't have sports exhaust but looking at doing mid pipe and exhaust change. I'm don't going to do down pipes.
What will I gain in performance and sound with just change of mid and exhaust?
Thanks

Old 11-11-2013, 02:51 PM
BOOMER7 is on a distinguished road
I was kind of wondering about this set up as well. No down pipes for me as well, but was thinking about a plenum to go along with straight pipe since i live in county where there is no emissions.

Last edited by BOOMER7; 11-11-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:57 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KICKINIT
Looking to change up my turbo. I don't have sports exhaust but looking at doing mid pipe and exhaust change. I'm don't going to do down pipes.
What will I gain in performance and sound with just change of mid and exhaust?
Thanks
resonantor and stock exhausts are restrictive and you will get better sound and performance

the plenum also restrictive on the intake side and combined with a BMC air filter really optimizes air intake (added the y-pipe even better)

as for the down pipes these are probably the biggest bottleneck in the whole air pump with the 700cell cats however this is also the most expensive and most difficult to do.

I agree with the above moves you are considering I think you will be happy

I have done the whole thing on mine and very happy

tom

Old 11-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
resonantor and stock exhausts are restrictive and you will get better sound and performance

the plenum also restrictive on the intake side and combined with a BMC air filter really optimizes air intake (added the y-pipe even better)

as for the down pipes these are probably the biggest bottleneck in the whole air pump with the 700cell cats however this is also the most expensive and most difficult to do.

I agree with the above moves you are considering I think you will be happy

I have done the whole thing on mine and very happy

tom
Thx for the response. I'm hoping this set up will improve sound and performance. I really didn't want to spend another 5k on down pipes and tune.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:41 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Thx for the response. I'm hoping this set up will improve sound and performance. I really didn't want to spend another 5k on down pipes and tune.
think it is a good move and always can do other things later if you want you are not burning any bridges

Old 11-13-2013, 07:31 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Tune is the cheapest way to improve performace. Downpipe is next.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by tonyep
Tune is the cheapest way to improve performace. Downpipe is next.
Thx 4 info
I bought used on here 6 speed forums
Used fabspeed exhaust and x pipe/mid pipe for 1500 total
Plenum is costing me $650. So for 2100 plus a few hundred to install
I think is a better option than spending 2k just for a tune
Correct?

Old 11-13-2013, 11:41 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Thx 4 info
I bought used on here 6 speed forums
Used fabspeed exhaust and x pipe/mid pipe for 1500 total
Plenum is costing me $650. So for 2100 plus a few hundred to install
I think is a better option than spending 2k just for a tune
Correct?
A tune gains you at least 60whp. Exhaust gain won't be noticeable in terms of power, just sound which is a must since the stock exhaust is too quite!

Old 11-14-2013, 06:23 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
with the right tune you should be able to pick up around 90hp - the ipd plenum claims 30hp but I've yet to see a dyno chart anywhere that backs that up, and an exhaust that doesn't replace downpipes is probably good for 10hp. No question the tune will deliver the most bang for your buck, but the other items will help if that's the direction you want to go.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:03 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Bang for buck, there is no better performance gain for the Panamera Turbo then the GIAC software upgrade.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...urbo-here.html

On 93 octane fuel the gains are even higher!

Old 11-14-2013, 08:21 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
CVPREZ, check out this link. I was a nonbeliever too but IPD stepped up and took the challenge from a 6SP member at a neutral dyno site and installed the IPD on site. IPD is the real deal.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...led-today.html

Old 11-14-2013, 12:07 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Fkim011
CVPREZ, check out this link. I was a nonbeliever too but IPD stepped up and took the challenge from a 6SP member at a neutral dyno site and installed the IPD on site. IPD is the real deal.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...led-today.html

Unfortunately, you'll typically need at least a 10% gain in power to feel a change. As mentioned above, the GIAC upgrade will get you there in spades while it may be difficult to feel with just the IPD and exhaust mods mentioned (much better sound with the later though). I did both on my PTT, 20%+ is definitely noticeable.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:26 PM
BOOMER7 is on a distinguished road
Sounds to me from the replies…. if not doing everything exhaust-x-pipe-downpipes tune.

The best BANG for BUCK is just the GIAC tune and plenum for $2500.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:09 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BOOMER7
Sounds to me from the replies…. if not doing everything exhaust-x-pipe-downpipes tune.

The best BANG for BUCK is just the GIAC tune and plenum for $2500.

True, but you'll get the most out of the tune by improving both intake and exhaust airflow. These engines are basically sophisticated airpumps afterall and turbo motors really benefit from better exhaust flow. As mentioned previously, the stock 700cell cats are the most restrictive parts on the exhaust side. To keep costs down, I'd suggest keeping the sport exhaust with sport mode flaps.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by NelsonF
Unfortunately, you'll typically need at least a 10% gain in power to feel a change. As mentioned above, the GIAC upgrade will get you there in spades while it may be difficult to feel with just the IPD and exhaust mods mentioned (much better sound with the later though). I did both on my PTT, 20%+ is definitely noticeable.
I installed both the 200cell downpipe and IPD at the same time and noticed a noticeable gain in power. What's most noticeable is that the 200cell downpipe really opens up the Akrapovic exhaust. Just left with getting a tune, need to make time to head down to GIAC..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PTT exhaust/mid pipe ?