Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GIAC Stage 1 software with program switching for the Panamera Turbo is here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
GIAC Stage 1 software with program switching for the Panamera Turbo is here!

Vorsteiner Rear bumper/diffuser, wing and side skirts shown. All Vorsteiner Products sold separately and through Vorsteiner.

GIAC software Stage 1 calibrations for use with factory exhaust and intercoolers are now available for the Panamera Turbo and Turbo S. This software calibration offers dramatic improvements over the factory performance software upgrade. Special thanks to Vorsteiner for providing a test car to GIAC! We would also like to extend a special thank you to Champion Motorsport for all of their assistance on this project over the past year. Their support and constant feedback have helped shaped this product.
  • Improved wheel horsepower and torque gains at 58 hp & 55 ft lbs of torque with factory intercoolers and exhaust, on 91 octane fuel. Estimated Crank horsepower and torque gains are 73 hp and 67 ft./lbs of torque.
  • Estimated crank gains as high as 83 horsepower and 95 ft. /lbs. of torque in some areas of the power band.
  • Properly recalibrated Air/Fuel Ratios.
  • Improved throttle response for a drive-by-cable system feel.
  • Raised speed limiters to factory redline in final drive gear (Factory speed limiters on Turbo and Turbo S are approximately 190-192mph, Porsche Power kit software raises the speed limiter to 196mph).
  • Included stock mode and GIAC Handheld Program Switcher with purchase.
Dynamometer test results from an MD-500 Mustang dyno are included here. The graph plots power tests (wheel HP and TQ) for a 2011 Porsche Panamera Turbo. The blue line denotes a completely stock Porsche Panamera Turbo with OEM software, exhaust and intercoolers, on 91 octane. The green line denotes the same Porsche Panamera Turbo with GIAC Stage 1 software, OEM exhaust and OEM intercoolers, on 91 octane. The red line is a second test of the stage 1 software on the same Porsche Panamera Turbo with OEM exhaust and OEM intercoolers, on 91 octane. Please contact GIAC or a GIAC directly for MSRP pricing and contact your local GIAC dealer to schedule an appointment. Panamera Turbo shown with GIAC software and Vorsteiner “VPT Grand Touring” Styling kit installed. All Vorsteiner Products sold separately and through Vorsteiner.

Link to Raw Dyno Plot: http://www.giacusa.com/images/austin...o/PTT_stg1.png

Last edited by Andrew@GIAC; 08-09-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Anyone in So Cal interested in GIAC software give us a call we are running some specials in conjunction with this release.

See our post in this forum..

Old 08-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Windchaser911 is on a distinguished road
So Sweet!

Old 08-10-2011, 02:05 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Great work guys!! Those are some solid numbers!!

Old 08-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
I have had quite a few questions via email, PM, and other threads, so I'll share my responses here for those who might be wondering the same things.

Regarding gains, you must remember that our power gains reflect real world gains from a flash only. From our experiences thus far, our 91 octane gains are roughly 29% to 45% greater than the gains created from adding a piggyback only, on 93 octane fuel.

A software flash enables all sensors to properly communicate with the DME of the vehicle. When the DME receives a proper signal from the MAP (intake pressure) sensor it can respond with the intended level of boost, fueling, timing, knock correction, etc. Without an accurate boost input the DME can make poor decisions on where to read these tables and many paramaters like air/fuel, timing, and timing correction will not be appropriate for the given power level.

Our software does have 93 octane maps that will make more power than what we show here on 91 octane. I will be posting more data soon on the flash with other octanes and hardware configurations.

Regarding warranty, no tuner can honestly guarantee that your warranty will not be voided. It is worth noting that we have a very large Porsche customer base, and if there were great issues with warranty and our software, you would have heard about it by now. GIAC products for Porsche cars have been so reliable that many dealerships throughout the world sell our flashes.

GIAC will not charge for reflash costs if the dealer updates your DME to a newer software version. The DME will need to be shipped to our facility for reprogramming, though. So some costs will apply. With that said, update campaigns are not common with Porsche cars relative to other brands.

When/if these updates do occur, GIAC will take the new software level and use it for our software calibration (so long as we are able to).

Old 08-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
It was a pleasure for us working with GIAC to make this Panamera Turbo software a reality. Having been involved with this project since its onset, I can honestly tell you that it has been a challenge! The end result is a true testament to the knowledge and engineering behind GIAC sofware and their team. I can't even comprehend how infinitely complicated the Panamera ECU was to flash....and the scary part is that it's a sign of all future ECU's in other Porsche models. So this is a HUGE step for the future of all Porsche tuning, not only the Panamera.

Kudos to the team at GIAC!

Old 08-10-2011, 05:49 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
It was a pleasure for us working with GIAC to make this Panamera Turbo software a reality. Having been involved with this project since its onset, I can honestly tell you that it has been a challenge! The end result is a true testament to the knowledge and engineering behind GIAC sofware and their team. I can't even comprehend how infinitely complicated the Panamera ECU was to flash....and the scary part is that it's a sign of all future ECU's in other Porsche models. So this is a HUGE step for the future of all Porsche tuning, not only the Panamera.

Kudos to the team at GIAC!
whats the ETA for the NA V8 models!

Old 08-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
Any dynos on the Turbo S or power kit cars? It would be interesting to see if the gains are similar or only a fraction of the gains on a standard Turbo.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
whats the ETA for the NA V8 models!
We have maps ready to flash. We simply need a test car to get data with. I believe that we might be setting up a trip to do this in the very near future. This will include all of the new Cayenne models as well.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Botox
Any dynos on the Turbo S or power kit cars? It would be interesting to see if the gains are similar or only a fraction of the gains on a standard Turbo.
We have flashed 2 power kit cars and a Turbo S within the last 3 days. We have yet to get actual dyno data on them though. I will update this thread with the information as soon as I am able to get dyno plots for you all.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:49 PM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
wow impressive!!

Old 11-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Panguard is on a distinguished road
Has anyone gotten their DME flashed yet with this? Any thoughts?

I think I can use another 100 ft/lbs of torque..

Not sure if my wife can though

Old 11-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Panguard
Has anyone gotten their DME flashed yet with this? Any thoughts?

I think I can use another 100 ft/lbs of torque..

Not sure if my wife can though

We've flashed a few customer cars here, and the reaction is usually something like "HOLY _ _ _ _ !!!!!"

Old 11-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
are you able to modify to program for turbo s or power kit cars since they have modified turbos? Is the total hp the same or more after flashing versus a standard turbo?

Old 11-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Botox
are you able to modify to program for turbo s or power kit cars since they have modified turbos? Is the total hp the same or more after flashing versus a standard turbo?
We've got specific files for the Turbo S cars. Champion has done Turbo S models and can give you a direct comparison between the S and regular models in terms of driving experience.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC Stage 1 software with program switching for the Panamera Turbo is here!