Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VR OBD II Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 04:30 AM
NewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really nice
VR OBD II Tune

Anyone tried this tune on their car:

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/2...150786043.html

I spoke with Vivid and they claim 30 hp increase on my 4S and 50% faster shift times for the PDK. I have a similar tune from German Motoring on my R8 RTronic and it worked great, just wondering about Vivid on the Porsche.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:09 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I am waiting for Damon at tire rack to get in my tires for the HRE wheels I bought from him. I plan on doing the ECU tune and CAI from vivid while it is in the shop having the wheels and tires put on.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:12 AM
NewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really nice
This product is different than the normal Vivid ECU tune that requires removal of the ECU. This is simply an OBD II "dongle" that you plug into the port yourself and it retunes the ECU and TCU. Is that what you plan to have done, or the normal ECU tune?

Old 05-10-2014, 05:46 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I was planning on the ECU tune. I do not see how this gains power more likely the faster shift changes might make the car feel faster. My experiences over the years with this type of tuning (including piggy backs) has never been good though increasing shift speeds is a good thing. Their ECU and CAI kit offer some nice gains and call me old fashioned but after 40 years of doing mods to cars I have heard lots of claims most are not what they say. You want more power out of a NA engine you need to change a lot more than how fast it shifts. ECU CAI and better flowing exhaust is the only way I know other than a Turbo or a supercharger.

Old 05-11-2014, 01:33 AM
CB_Panny is on a distinguished road
Improving shift times on a PDK is tough. Sounds a little over promised to me. Would appreciate feedback if you do this one.

Old 04-02-2018, 12:49 AM
negb is on a distinguished road
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/7...ng-108326.html

quote from the 8 Jun 2016 article above:

The final step was an ECU remap and since this Porsche can't be tweaked using the OBD port, the aftermarket developer had to put the car's ECU on its bench.

? ? ? so which info is correct at the end

P.S> here is printscreen: