Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I buy a Pre-owned Panamera Turbo or Panamera 4S??? Need Advice!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 06:11 AM
Pbread is on a distinguished road
Agree Mr Price - if you have a 800whp 911 already sitting in the garage... go with the 4s and option her out for luxury!!

I got very very lucky and found a pre-owned pani turbo with 9k miles that had 60k worth of Porsche options on it... (190k original sticker on a turbo). that's why I love mine so much - best of both worlds I guess you could say.

Last edited by Pbread; 07-26-2014 at 06:13 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by alex_123_fra
That would be great thanks. Off topic but may I ask which exhaust you have? I was going to get a full system but I want to keep the valve button within the button cluster operational and I want the "stock look".

That might be tough to keep the button operational... most of the aftermarket valved exhausts have electronic controls where you can vary the amount you want the values to be opened as well as wireless controls that let you control from a fob / app etc.

I have fabspeed downpipes to fabspeed x-pipe to meisterschaft GTC valved muffler.

Capristo makes a wonderful valved cat back exhaust system as well... prior design is running it on their panamera (here):

Old 07-28-2014, 08:04 PM
chenchen is on a distinguished road
get turbo, no regrets

Old 07-29-2014, 04:59 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I find it interesting that everyone said "get the turbo". OP is using the car as a daily driver to commute, I'm not sure what traffic is like were he is but in my area that means average speed of about 35mph, turbo will make a huge difference at those speeds! There was a time I had the have the fastest model (and then I'd make even faster) didn't matter what it was Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, I would start changing it to make it unique and one of a kind. What I got was mental bragging rights (I was never able to let these cars loose on the streets) that mine was the fastest (I guess it is a younger guy thing kinda like the old bull and the young bull joke) in reality I wish I had the 100's of thousands of dollars I blew doing all those mods now. OP already has a fast weekend car so my advise would be the the car that is best equipped and the best overall deal. I would also say buy the newest car and ask why a 4 year old car has less than 20K on it!

Old 07-29-2014, 05:30 AM
nick.kapoor is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MrPrice
I find it interesting that everyone said "get the turbo". OP is using the car as a daily driver to commute, I'm not sure what traffic is like were he is but in my area that means average speed of about 35mph, turbo will make a huge difference at those speeds! There was a time I had the have the fastest model (and then I'd make even faster) didn't matter what it was Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, I would start changing it to make it unique and one of a kind. What I got was mental bragging rights (I was never able to let these cars loose on the streets) that mine was the fastest (I guess it is a younger guy thing kinda like the old bull and the young bull joke) in reality I wish I had the 100's of thousands of dollars I blew doing all those mods now. OP already has a fast weekend car so my advise would be the the car that is best equipped and the best overall deal. I would also say buy the newest car and ask why a 4 year old car has less than 20K on it!
I like your wisdom about fast cars and bragging rights. However, some of us have to go through the process of driving, owning and bragging about them before we can reach the level of awareness that you have expressed. So I am just going to drive my un-modded PTT the way it was meant to be driven - fast.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:43 AM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
Yea price is the porch poster child and he and I definitely have the bragging rights bug haha funny my daily commute to work 10 miles max speed like 55 on this one road I avoid the highways in the am. But she will haul as once the turbos and new tune. Just in case a run away semi is heading toward me and some evasive action is required. Or zombie apocalypse. Scary. Haha. My problem like most. Can't leave well enuff alone. At least that's what I hear from her all the time I start talking about thus and that. But to have a grocery killer that will outrun most sports cars on the road. That's awesome. Even with a fast car in the garage the turbo is fun. The upgrade options list is long in case u wanna tinker with it. And if by chance u do want to finally get that tt galardo resale is better. My .02. I learned the hard way the 4s was fun my first posche. 8 months or reading what Tom Kerr and others were doing had to switch. Good luck. Grown up decisions lol

Old 07-29-2014, 09:03 AM
Banned
doktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MrPrice
I would also say buy the newest car and ask why a 4 year old car has less than 20K on it!
Usually the answer is simple. Porsche is a car that is used as a weekend car. Or the car was a showroom car. There is plenty of those. They just sit on the floor indoors.
There is nothing wrong witha 4 year old car. I have a 2010 car with only 16K miles that was driven by a female as the previous owner. They had 4 other cars. That is why you get a 4 year old car with low miles.
Every show I take the car to people are surpised that its a 4 year old car. Its in such a great shape.

Others that use a porsche as a daily driver are the people who dont have weekend cars - like myself. That is why we get Turbo Daily drivers. You do not need to take the car to the racetrack to have fun.

Also, Fun for 30 year old is different that fun for 60 year old. So there are also 2 definitions of fun. We have to take that under consideration. Everybody is different.

Last edited by doktorek; 07-29-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:47 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
Yes, I am in the been there done that stage of life when it comes to cars and I was not faulting anyone's decision over choosing one car over another just offering another viewpoint. After all most people will never be crazy enough to own 400+ cars or do to them what I have done. Your right about the differences between fun at 30 and fun at 60. After all the mind altering experiences I had in my life, I cant even remember 30 anymore! "what a long strange trip it's been"

Old 07-29-2014, 10:48 AM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
^^^^^^lol. Sad but true at 38 I don't remember at month. Oh wait world cup Brazil well the month before. Too many cervejas

Old 07-29-2014, 11:05 AM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
Drive it like you stole it. Life is short, have fun with what your money and hard work brings you as you can't take those with you in the afterlife.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:37 AM
Mrprice your lessons are invaluable and obviously we appreciate them.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by 2010Panny4S
Drive it like you stole it. Life is short, have fun with what your money and hard work brings you as you can't take those with you in the afterlife.
lol well said.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by alex_123_fra
That would be great thanks. Off topic but may I ask which exhaust you have? I was going to get a full system but I want to keep the valve button within the button cluster operational and I want the "stock look".
As promised, finally got a clip (just with iPhone) of what it sounds like going through a tunnel... Obviously not the best sound capture quality but hopefully this helps. I regularly have people tell me it's one of the best sounds they've ever heard:

Panamera turbo with full exhaust going through tunnel:

http://vid274.photobucket.com/albums...12CFB62A97.mp4

Last edited by Pbread; 08-07-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:21 PM
Banned
doktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Pbread

Panamera turbo with full exhaust going through tunnel:

http://vid274.photobucket.com/albums...12CFB62A97.mp4

Sounds great.
On the side note, Wow, they even painted your air vent covers. I have not seen that yet. Looks pretty fully loaded.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:45 PM
Thx - Yeah, is actually cognac leather on air vents option

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I buy a Pre-owned Panamera Turbo or Panamera 4S??? Need Advice!