Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera GTS Brakes Replacement.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Israel_Carruyo is infamous around these parts
Panamera GTS Brakes Replacement.

I took my GTS for regular service at 40,000. Made a note to my service advisor that the steering wheel was shaking under braking, was told that my front and rear brakes are gone and needed replacement. Is it normal for a GTS to need replacement brakes around 40,000? I was expecting brakes around 60,000. The car is a daily driver and its usually driven around town, rarely is the car driven hard.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:10 PM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Israel_Carruyo
I took my GTS for regular service at 40,000. Made a note to my service advisor that the steering wheel was shaking under braking, was told that my front and rear brakes are gone and needed replacement. Is it normal for a GTS to need replacement brakes around 40,000? I was expecting brakes around 60,000. The car is a daily driver and its usually driven around town, rarely is the car driven hard.
Not on my car. 48,000 miles and brakes are maybe 50% down. I take it really easy on the brakes when I'm on the road, I'm very rarely hard on the brakes. (As opposed to my track time...). My M5 went almost 100K miles before I needed new rotors, and only went through a couple sets of pads.

If you're not driving/braking hard, I'm surprised you need new brakes. Just pads I'm assuming??

Old 10-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by umwolverine
Not on my car. 48,000 miles and brakes are maybe 50% down. I take it really easy on the brakes when I'm on the road, I'm very rarely hard on the brakes. (As opposed to my track time...). My M5 went almost 100K miles before I needed new rotors, and only went through a couple sets of pads.

If you're not driving/braking hard, I'm surprised you need new brakes. Just pads I'm assuming??
The rotors are warped, I first complained about the vibration under braking the last time the car was in service at around 35,000 and was told that only the front brakes are a little warped but are okay and should fix themselves with wear. That never happened it just got worst. Now at 40,000 they told me both front and back rotors are warped. The service adviser said that they usually change pads and disc at the same time. They ask close to 4,000$ to do the job. I think they are just trying the get me to pay for defective rotors. Something is not right.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:18 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold

The rotors are warped, I first complained about the vibration under braking the last time the car was in service at around 35,000 and was told that only the front brakes are a little warped but are okay and should fix themselves with wear. That never happened it just got worst. Now at 40,000 they told me both front and back rotors are warped. The service adviser said that they usually change pads and disc at the same time. They ask close to 4,000$ to do the job. I think they are just trying the get me to pay for defective rotors. Something is not right.
Wow seems a little odd. Do you ride the brakes? As another question, how has the ownership experience been outside of this?

Old 10-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by chance6
Wow seems a little odd. Do you ride the brakes? As another question, how has the ownership experience been outside of this?
No riding on brakes. The car had an issue with the AC making some noise twice and was fix under warranty both times. The rear light faded and were changed under warranty. Nothing else that I can remember. The dealer has been great in the past. With our old Cayenne GTS they even replaced the exhaust flaps after the warranty had expired and only charged us for the labor not the part.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Ripper is infamous around these parts
Brakes .. break thats the way it goes

Brakes can wear out in 10000 miles if you uses them hard.. faster if you track your car.. Brakes are a consumable and are easily replaced and should be done before they are unsafe..What your stating is like asking porsche to give you new tires after 40K LOL...not very realistic.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:00 PM
RattleItHome is infamous around these parts
The brakes on my 2005 Range Rover need replacing every 20k for pads, 40k rotors. My wife's Cayenne S, on the other hand, has 75% remaining on a 2006 with 90k on the clock now. It's all relative. I'd be happy with 40k from my Panny GTS.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:35 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
I replaced both front and rear pads at 30k miles. Pretty surprised it lasted that long with my frequent canyon driving. The pads are cheap anyway compared to other cars running oem brembos.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:59 PM
James Piccolo is infamous around these parts
Panamara break issues

I have 2 Panamaras Turbo and GTS. Turbo has 13k miles and rotors are warped my GTS has 38k and needs a break job. I think they have issues with the rotors reading your experience too. $4k to have the dealer do it. I can do it myself and there are several non OEM rotors that seem better for far less. If I'm going to have to go through brakes and rotors every 20k or less miles I'm not thinking I'll do OEM. What a bummer!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3914.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	543.5 KB
ID:	464163  
Old 11-27-2016, 12:04 PM
Ride4Life Rossi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by James Piccolo
I have 2 Panamaras Turbo and GTS. Turbo has 13k miles and rotors are warped my GTS has 38k and needs a break job. I think they have issues with the rotors reading your experience too. $4k to have the dealer do it. I can do it myself and there are several non OEM rotors that seem better for far less. If I'm going to have to go through brakes and rotors every 20k or less miles I'm not thinking I'll do OEM. What a bummer!
I know this is off topic but... Do you own 3 Panamera or you had 3? I'm amazed if you own 3 holly crap

Old 11-27-2016, 03:03 PM
mziegler38 is infamous around these parts
Are warped rotors covered under warrantee?

Old 12-01-2016, 01:55 PM
bebeqq1231 is infamous around these parts
I did my own Rotors and Brakes at 38000 mile due to steering shake when braking. Aftermarket Rotors for GTS $750 and must go with OEM brakes otherwise you will be like me, 2 time job due to brake make noise.