Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Panamera Turbo - Smart Move or Not?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 02:40 PM
LBK
LBK will become famous soon enough
2010 Panamera Turbo - Smart Move or Not?

I currently have a 2009 C4S as my weekend car and my daily driver is a 2013 Audi A7 on lease with one year left.

I am considering a 2010 Panamera Turbo (Basalt Black Metallic with Cognac Natural Leather). It is loaded with an original sticker of $158,000 and 26,500 miles.

It has PSE, Adaptive Air Suspension with PDCC, 20" Spyder Wheels (colored crest wheel caps), 4 Zone A/C, Ventilation (Front and Rear), Bluetooth, Rear interior lighting, Park Assist, Variable Assist Power Steering, Sport Chrono, Burmester Sound System, XM, 6 Disc DVD, PDCC Rear Differetial, Walnut Package with Heated Steering Wheel, and Logo on F/R headrests.

My concern is that the car is 2010 and has 26,000 miles. It is priced in the mid 80's but is CPO and just had a few thousand dollars of work done to it.

If I drive 15,000 miles a year and look to sell it in 2-3 years, will it hold value? At that point it would be 7-8 years old with 56,000-70,000 miles on it. One nice thing about P-Cars is that they really don't change much from year to year so I think it think it would. It seems that this price range is somewhat low for a turbo but don't want to buy it and regret it later. It might also be more car than I need since I have a 911 already.

Prior to seeing this, I was thinking about a 2012 Panamera 4S. My other option is to wait until my lease ends and then get a new P4S.

I would welcome any thoughts or comments. Thank you guys in advance!

Last edited by LBK; 11-07-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:39 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
These cars have not been around that long but when you see a car with low miles the best options that has lost 45% of it value I would say that is not a good indication of things to come. Sounds like a great car with CPO so no issues to deal with, and I assume you have seen the service history. They sold a lot of these cars though my guess is the majority where V6's, and Turbo cars (unless they are very special models) tend to depreciate faster than other Porsche models. I have owned Porsche's for over 40 years and that still baffles me but it is mostly about the market and the fact that most buyers buy the crest on the hood rather than the car. If it were me I'd buy the car but I have never ever bought a car and worried that it would be worth later. I would own Honda's and Toyota's if that was an issue.

Old 11-08-2014, 02:36 PM
nick.kapoor is on a distinguished road
Agree with MrPrice. How do you price the experience? The opportunity to save money is when you price something to purchase it since you have the upper hand. The buyer of your car in a few years generally speaking will be the one with an upper hand.

In the long scheme of things if you are in the market for such fine machinery I would focus more on the experience and see if the loss in price equates to it. Kind of difficult to associate a value for the driving pleasure for the time you own it. You are the best judge for it and no one else can validate it better than you.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:27 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nick.kapoor
Agree with MrPrice. How do you price the experience? The opportunity to save money is when you price something to purchase it since you have the upper hand. The buyer of your car in a few years generally speaking will be the one with an upper hand.

In the long scheme of things if you are in the market for such fine machinery I would focus more on the experience and see if the loss in price equates to it. Kind of difficult to associate a value for the driving pleasure for the time you own it. You are the best judge for it and no one else can validate it better than you.
Seeing as I only have 600 miles on mine and blasted by a few guys today at only 3000 rpm in my new beast...I'd go for it.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:24 AM
bobolouie is on a distinguished road
I am one year into ownership of a 2010 PTT purchased with a bit over 30K
Lets just say you need the CPO.......
But i tend to forget the warts when i step on the gas...

Old 11-11-2014, 08:24 PM
LBK
LBK will become famous soon enough
As an update, I decided to go with a 2012 Panamera 4S, Dark Blue with Luxor Beige interior, 5,600 miles and CPO.

I will post pictures shortly. I definitely appreciate the advice!

Old 11-11-2014, 09:24 PM
nick.kapoor is on a distinguished road
Congrats you did well with a cpo and low miles.

Old 11-12-2014, 04:33 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
Congrats and enjoy!

Old 11-23-2014, 03:04 PM
Slakker has a spectacular aura aboutSlakker has a spectacular aura aboutSlakker has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bobolouie
I am one year into ownership of a 2010 PTT purchased with a bit over 30K Lets just say you need the CPO....... But i tend to forget the warts when i step on the gas...
What issue have you had? Looking for a 2010/11 PTT myself.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LBK
As an update, I decided to go with a 2012 Panamera 4S, Dark Blue with Luxor Beige interior, 5,600 miles and CPO.

Awesome combo! Congratulations