Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best ECU upgrade for PTT?

Old 11-16-2014, 06:03 PM
nick.kapoor is on a distinguished road
Best ECU upgrade for PTT?

Would like to hear and learn from all of you who have done an upgrade. Considering an ECU upgrade. Any pros and cons and the reasons why you went with one vendor over another would also be very helpful. Want to make an informed decision. Your time is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Nick

Old 11-17-2014, 02:21 PM
Undercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond repute
Contact us for best prices on all tuning solutions for the panamera

evoms has been a great company to us and reasonable price wise

contact me for quotes

undercoverperformanceinc@gmail.com

Old 11-17-2014, 03:01 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
I sent you a PM Nick

I would be happy to assist with on our tuning kits!

http://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-970-...ing-power-kit/

Old 11-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nick.kapoor
Would like to hear and learn from all of you who have done an upgrade. Considering an ECU upgrade. Any pros and cons and the reasons why you went with one vendor over another would also be very helpful. Want to make an informed decision. Your time is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Nick
There are many customers on here who have voiced their satisfaction with the GIAC tune. A few have also switched from piggybacks and noted the differences. Feel free to PM me for best pricing on the GIAC software upgrade.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Pbread is on a distinguished road
Hey Nick - what are your goals? Are you looking for just a tune or modifying other performance components?

Old 11-17-2014, 08:36 PM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Pbread
Hey Nick - what are your goals? Are you looking for just a tune or modifying other performance components?
What bread is saying. How far do you want to build it. Like us turbos was the ticket

Old 11-18-2014, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by benblack
What bread is saying. How far do you want to build it. Like us turbos was the ticket
another 100 hp

Old 11-18-2014, 02:52 PM
Close to tune only - I recommend GIAC or FVD stage 1

Old 11-18-2014, 03:39 PM
s4orce666 is on a distinguished road
Has anyone used an ETG's tune? I have done some research and the information out there is either extremely good or extremely bad.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Pbread
Close to tune only - I recommend GIAC or FVD stage 1
thanks pbread. I have heard from the giac folks. Wonder if my dealer can work w either one of them without destroying the warranty.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:01 PM
rastamanPT is on a distinguished road
thanks pbread. I have heard from the giac folks. Wonder if my dealer can work w either one of them without destroying the warranty.
Nick, the guys at Mainline Porsche will do it for you and I know the pickup in MD.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:03 PM
I've heard certain dealers will work with both GIAC and FVD...

Old 11-19-2014, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
There are a number of Porsche dealers who carry the GIAC software, and in addition we've had dealers send in ECU's to us for the flash. Somewhat in your area, Barbara over Penske Automotive Group in Vienna, VA typically makes the process very easy for our customers.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:05 PM
rffeo is on a distinguished road
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give you my experience with the ECU Tuning on my PTT.

I was initially considering GIAC, FVD and Softronic for the tune, after much research and speaking to all I went with FVD. Rhonda from FVD U.S.A. was a pleasure to deal with, she answered all my concerns. I took the ECU out myself in my garage on Sunday and dropped the ECU at FVD in Pompano Beach on Monday. Rhonda said she would try to have the ECU back from Germany by that Friday. For my surprise she emailed me on Friday noon saying the ECU had arrived.

I went to pick it up and was installing it that same day at home.

Let me tell you that the difference of how the car performs and drives is night and day. It's ridiculously fast. I now get peeks on the boost gauge at 15.6 psi.

I am so glad I went with FVD Brombacher for the ECU Tune.

I don't have any affiliations with FVD in any way I'm just sharing my honest experience.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:43 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by rffeo
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give you my experience with the ECU Tuning on my PTT.

I was initially considering GIAC, FVD and Softronic for the tune, after much research and speaking to all I went with FVD. Rhonda from FVD U.S.A. was a pleasure to deal with, she answered all my concerns. I took the ECU out myself in my garage on Sunday and dropped the ECU at FVD in Pompano Beach on Monday. Rhonda said she would try to have the ECU back from Germany by that Friday. For my surprise she emailed me on Friday noon saying the ECU had arrived.

I went to pick it up and was installing it that same day at home.

Let me tell you that the difference of how the car performs and drives is night and day. It's ridiculously fast. I now get peeks on the boost gauge at 15.6 psi.

I am so glad I went with FVD Brombacher for the ECU Tune.

I don't have any affiliations with FVD in any way I'm just sharing my honest experience.
You just joined 6speed and have made only two posts, both regarding your FVD tune. In all honestly, that looks like an affiliation to me.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best ECU upgrade for PTT?