Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need you opinion on 2013 GTS or 2012 Panamera Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 07:27 AM
EmmHolla is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by monacojoe
in the panamera line only the 4 and 4s switched to turbov6 gts stays with nat asp v8 only the cayenne gts moved to v6t in 2015. the gts are special. they are not as fast as PTT but fast enough, built for handling and sound like hellhounds when wound up. i'd go with the gts if it were me - and you get more life on warranty i assume as well.
The base and the S version of the Panamera switched as well..

Old 05-05-2015, 08:56 AM
Yasser.Haider is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EmmHolla
If sound is what you want why not have OEM sport exhaust installed on your 4S?.. They'll add the button and everything for you..
Any idea how much that option is with install?

I found a GTS with 30k miles for $80k... but does not have the red stitching and red seat belts...

the quest is on!

Old 05-05-2015, 09:12 AM
monacojoe is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EmmHolla
The base and the S version of the Panamera switched as well..
ha yes

i live in the northeast and forget rwd is even an option anymore

thx

Old 05-06-2015, 06:49 PM
Yasser.Haider is infamous around these parts
How crucial is the sports exhaust in a panamera turbo? I found a good deal on one thru a local dealer.. A 2012 white ext and beige interior with turbo 2 wheels but without sports exhaust with 18k miles for 84k

im guessing it will sound just like my 2012 4s untill i step on the pedal?

Old 05-06-2015, 06:53 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Yasser.Haider
How crucial is the sports exhaust in a panamera turbo? I found a good deal on one thru a local dealer.. A 2012 white ext and beige interior with turbo 2 wheels but without sports exhaust with 18k miles for 84k

im guessing it will sound just like my 2012 4s untill i step on the pedal?
General consensus is that the Porsche sports exhaust is not worth it/not crucial. You would be better off buying an aftermarket valvetronic exhaust.

-Austin

Old 05-06-2015, 07:06 PM
EmmHolla is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by monacojoe
ha yes

i live in the northeast and forget rwd is even an option anymore

thx
haha no worries...

Old 05-06-2015, 07:18 PM
TheBeav is infamous around these parts
Need you opinion on 2013 GTS or 2012 Panamera Turbo

the non-sport OEM exhaust tone can also be improved by disconnecting the vacuum hose that controls the valve. it's not as aggressive as the pse but it is free

I have an OEM pse from a PTT i can sell you if you want to go that route. if you want the switch installed you will need to buy that separately through sonnen. it woukd have to be programmed by a pcar dealer.

Last edited by TheBeav; 05-06-2015 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:23 AM
Polar993 has a spectacular aura aboutPolar993 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GSP
I have a 2013 GST and I am extremely happy with it. A friend has a Turbo and he is very happy with his. e both like our own cars. The Turbo is faster. But my GTS is faster than I will ever need on public roads. I like the sound, yes. But the sound is sometimes almost obnoxious like the GTS startup blip which is very loud on each startup. People don't realize the car does it, not the driver!

But after driving BMW for 15 years, very happy with a GTS!!!
I have a 2013 GTS and love it. It's my daily driver and I don't need the unbelievable power of the Turbo....I have a 550hp BMW M5 for that!

I liked the exhaust note on the OEM GTS sport exhaust, but I wanted to get a little more volume out of it, so I bought a Fabspeed x-pipe. What a difference I tell you! The sound is insane now, with the all the crackling and popping when you let off the throttle! It's amazing!

What's a little annoying though is what was said about the sound when you start the car. If you thought that "roar" was loud with the OEM exhaust, it's about 3 times as loud with the x-pipe! It's embarrassingly loud in fact. It's so loud that it actually startles people if they are nearby! No kidding....this past weekend I was parallel parked on a main shopping street in my town, and a group of teenage girls were walking by my car as I turned the key to start the engine. They happen to be right near the rear of the car, about 5' from the exhaust tips, and when the exhaust "roared", two of the girls actually screamed and jumped! It was hysterical, but a bit unnecessary too! I wish it didn't do that....no control over that. Part of the fuel injection I assume.

I'll try to post a video of the new exhaust setup. It does sound incredible!

Old 05-18-2015, 04:22 PM
feeltherush is infamous around these partsfeeltherush is infamous around these parts
Imho, the sport exhaust is sweet. Nice and quiet when I want to, and I get lots of compliments from people outside the car. I can hear enough of a throaty growl with it on to please me. Of course, I've never been a fan of loud exhausts, so take it for what it's worth. Mine came with it and glad it did.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:55 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
My PTT has the newer version of the PSE, which is a huge improvement. When I start mine, it can and does also startle people. I look in my rear view mirror and see people's heads turn. Classic fun. My neighbor recently said 'that thing sounds boss'.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:54 AM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
I like the turbo more, it suits my DD driving more than the GTS. Turbo is a sleeping giant, it is comfy and smooth; push the peddle, the car wakes up and give you a big smile. I spend 2 weeks with the GTS, the cool exhaust note wears off in a few days (I didn't even notice it after a while), the PDK is tune to be shift eager. I feel the GTS is "ON" the all the time, on the freeway if you step on the gas a bit it shift down, and got a bit annoying to me after a while.

On days I want to have fun, I just push the sport+ button and pretty much behaves like GTS with much more torque. I have Akrapoic exhaust on all my cars, it is a huge improvement sound wise. Beside the best about a turbo is the difference after you tune it

Old 05-22-2015, 06:42 PM
feeltherush is infamous around these partsfeeltherush is infamous around these parts
Can you tune without voiding warranty? I've been itching to beef it up but don't want to screw up a good thing with cpo...