Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need you opinion on 2013 GTS or 2012 Panamera Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 04:02 PM
Yasser.Haider is infamous around these parts

I have a 2012 4s right now.. i was thinking of switching out to either a 2013 GTS ( I love the alcantara seats and headliner) or the 2012 Turbo with 550+ HP....( Ive got a budget to stay in)

2013 GTS is a naturally aspirated V8 and my porsche tech guy at the dealership said 2013 GTS will always have a higher resale since 2014 was switched over to a V6 engine with turbo..

Im sure there has been discussion about the two on here alot but whats a good daily driver? Will i feel a whole lot of difference going from a 400 hp 4S to a 435 hp GTS?

Has anyone made a leap like this before? My 4S is pretty loaded with options.. MSRP of $122k

Old 04-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I'd go with the GTS, it sounds like you like what it has more stuff in it and it's not a big difference to what you're used to performance wise. Also, 35hp won't make much difference, make it a little more responsive but that's it.

So yea I'd go with the GTS.

Also depends on if you plan on modifying it or not, sounds like your 4S has some additions to it, maybe whatever you pick can get some new stuff like exhaust or tune?

-RyanG

Old 04-28-2015, 05:46 PM
I live in Indianapolis... not much of performance shops around here that i can trust with my car... I do want the exhaust to be a bit louder with a deeper tone (thats what my 4s is lacking)

Old 04-28-2015, 05:56 PM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Yasser.Haider
2013 GTS is a naturally aspirated V8 and my porsche tech guy at the dealership said 2013 GTS will always have a higher resale since 2014 was switched over to a V6 engine with turbo..
The 2014 GTS still has a V8.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:01 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I live in Indianapolis... not much of performance shops around here that i can trust with my car... I do want the exhaust to be a bit louder with a deeper tone (thats what my 4s is lacking)
We have lots of Porsche performance stuff including exhausts, check out what we have for the Panamera: Vivid Panamera Exhaust

If you got any questions feel free to PM Austin, he can help you out for sure!

-RyanG

Last edited by vividracing; 04-28-2015 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by NiceCar
The 2014 GTS still has a V8.

You are right... i just looked it up aswell...

What was the porsche tech talking about? the 2014 and up are not aspirated engines?

Old 04-28-2015, 06:45 PM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
What was the porsche tech talking about? the 2014 and up are not aspirated engines?
Probably about the Panamera S models.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:01 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold

You are right... i just looked it up aswell...

2015 GTS is also a 440 hp naturally aspirated V8.

Now for the 2017 new panamera, I'm not so sure.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Dpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to behold
There is a big difference in power between the 4S and the turbo. So, if your looking for more power then the turbo is the way to go. The 2012 turbo has 500 hp, not 550. The turbo S has 550 hp.

The GTS does sound cool, but if you want the turbo to sound louder there are mods to do this.

I would go with the turbo, but I personally like the increase in power, because I don't think there is a radical difference in power between the 4S and the GTS.

Good luck.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:11 AM
feeltherush is infamous around these partsfeeltherush is infamous around these parts
Turbo all the way if you want a silly grin every time you pass a car or onramp.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:59 PM
TheBeav is infamous around these parts

turbo really is insane

agree with one of the previous posters: the sound can be improved as can the throttle response w mods.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:44 AM
I think my 4S has enough hp for my day to day activities... what im missing is the sound.. sports exhaust... the loud tone...

I hate putting after market stuff on my car ( Porsche is quick to blame mods for anything happening to the car).. so if i bought a GTS i would not have to modify anything... and sound would be louder than a turbo..

not alot of turbo's out there with the sports exhaust button on the center console out there..

Old 05-04-2015, 01:47 PM
EmmHolla is infamous around these parts
I think my 4S has enough hp for my day to day activities... what im missing is the sound.. sports exhaust... the loud tone... I hate putting after market stuff on my car ( Porsche is quick to blame mods for anything happening to the car).. so if i bought a GTS i would not have to modify anything... and sound would be louder than a turbo.. not alot of turbo's out there with the sports exhaust button on the center console out there..
If sound is what you want why not have OEM sport exhaust installed on your 4S?.. They'll add the button and everything for you..

Old 05-04-2015, 03:18 PM
GSP
GSP is infamous around these parts
I have a 2013 GST and I am extremely happy with it. A friend has a Turbo and he is very happy with his. e both like our own cars. The Turbo is faster. But my GTS is faster than I will ever need on public roads. I like the sound, yes. But the sound is sometimes almost obnoxious like the GTS startup blip which is very loud on each startup. People don't realize the car does it, not the driver!

But after driving BMW for 15 years, very happy with a GTS!!!

Old 05-05-2015, 06:51 AM
monacojoe is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chance6
2015 GTS is also a 440 hp naturally aspirated V8.

Now for the 2017 new panamera, I'm not so sure.
in the panamera line only the 4 and 4s switched to turbov6
gts stays with nat asp v8

only the cayenne gts moved to v6t in 2015.

the gts are special. they are not as fast as PTT but fast enough, built for handling and sound like hellhounds when wound up.

i'd go with the gts if it were me - and you get more life on warranty i assume as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need you opinion on 2013 GTS or 2012 Panamera Turbo