Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unlock with emergency key = alarm + disabled key fob = headache and mad neighbors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 01:41 AM
Mofongo is on a distinguished road
Unlock with emergency key = alarm + disabled key fob = headache and mad neighbors

I had the weirdest experience with my '13 GTS today. I was playing with the emergency key to see if it would open or shut the windows (as the key fob does not appear to be able to) and after rotating it counter-clockwise (not clockwise which is what would normally lock the doors), the doors locked and the alarm light on the door started blinking as though it was activated. After a few seconds, the alarm started sounding....and kept going ....and going....and going....and going...for at least 30 seconds, although it seemed like an hour at the time.

The key fob was absolutely useless during this time and so was the emergency key. The doors stayed locked and the alarm stayed on no matter which buttons I pushed or held or which direction I rotated the emergency key. I even reached in the open window and tried the interior lock buttons to no avail. The trunk would not open. I was pretty sure I would have to call Porsche roadside assistance and apologize to my neighbors for having my car alarm shrieking for hours on end.

Then the alarm stopped and the key fob started working again.

The manual says something about starting the car within 10 seconds of unlocking with the emergency key, but that seems to presuppose one can actually get into the car. In retrospect I probably should have tried holding the key inside the car (I have Entry & Drive) and turning the ignition switch.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:05 AM
ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !
At least you weren't one of us unfortunate 2014-15 owners to whom Porsche knowingly delivered vehicles with faulty interior motion detectors. If you were, you would have endured months upon months upon months of false alarms.

It only took them the better part of a full year to resolve the issue and produce non-defective parts, distribute them the dealers, and get them installed in the sold vehicles.

During that time, we owners were expected to manually disable the motion sensor each and every time we exited the vehicle, lest we be greeted by screeching car.