Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spy video: New Porsche Panamera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 12:14 AM
Toldi has a spectacular aura aboutToldi has a spectacular aura aboutToldi has a spectacular aura about
Arrow Spy video: New Porsche Panamera

Hi all,

enjoy the spy video of the new Porsche Panamera:

Old 07-25-2015, 06:58 AM
Dpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to behold
The rear lights look a little different, and the spoiler seems to sit a bit higher and more posterior, but not a drastic change from the current model at all. To the untrained eye, one may not notice much of a difference.

Old 07-25-2015, 11:44 AM
Gus_Smedstad is infamous around these parts
The slope of the hathback and the rear area in general is a bit different. The roof starts sloping down earlier, and there's a sharper angle when it intersects the rear bumper. Here's a comparison from someone else's photos. New car is on top, a bit fuzzy because it's an enlargement, and the old car on bottom.
Name:  euLMgTx.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  45.7 KB

It's subtle, but I expect you might notice a difference if you saw it in person. And also assuming the production car is the same as these images.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:12 PM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
I like. Not so sure it will be subtle compared to the current model. To me nicely evolutionary. I very much like the distinctiveness of my PGTS and expect the next iteration to have a more powerful NA engine, so am in line. Will be at least a couple of years for the next PGTS, but it will be worth waiting for.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:22 PM
dnsacks is infamous around these parts
AndrewP -- since Porsche has retired the NA v8 on the 2016 Cayenne GTS (and has announced no more NA engines on its 911, boxter and cayman lines), I'm not holding out much hope for the new Panamera GTS to have a NA engine.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:41 PM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
The head of Porsche development strongly suggested that a V8 NA engine is planned for the next PGTS. Maybe he was misquoted or misspoke, but I doubt it. Porsche engineers are a very precise group and not given to speculation. Obviously a new NA engine goes against the trend, but for very limited production models would not upset the corporate average on efficiency/emissions. Hey, if the next PGTS is a turbo and the sport exhaust rocks it might be OK. Might even put a floor on price depreciation of the NA PGTS. My experience with my 991 TTS is that there is no turbo lag, although its exhaust note, except on overrun is not exciting.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:43 PM
Forgot to mention that the GT3RS is NA. They could have just brought out a 991 GT2 (turbocharged) monster in the current 3.8 liter configuration rather than develop a 4.0 liter NA to fit in the GT3RS.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:33 PM
thx for the clarification -- would love to see NA porsche engines continue!

Old 07-30-2015, 07:12 AM
TheBeav is infamous around these parts
Spy video: New Porsche Panamera

Gosh it looks like they let the Audi designers slap the A7 a$$ on our beloved Pcars.

Personally, I'm not a fan.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:42 PM
Toldi has a spectacular aura aboutToldi has a spectacular aura aboutToldi has a spectacular aura about
Old 08-02-2015, 05:23 PM
EmmHolla is infamous around these parts
Hopefully Porsche doesn't let the critics dictate what ultimately happens with the next gen car. It should build upon all the good things about the previous gen car..

Old 08-05-2015, 08:45 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by dnsacks
Since Porsche has retired the NA v8 on the 2016 Cayenne GTS ...........
It has?????

Someone must have forgotten to tell Porsche's webmaster and Car Configurator people. Because it looks like you can order a 2016 GTS with the 4.8L NA engine right now and be at your dealer in about 4 months.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
It has?????

Someone must have forgotten to tell Porsche's webmaster and Car Configurator people. Because it looks like you can order a 2016 GTS with the 4.8L NA engine right now and be at your dealer in about 4 months.
Something's odd, as this page references the 3.6l turbo 6 as the Cayenne GTS' engine. http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/ca...turesandspecs/

Old 08-05-2015, 11:29 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by dnsacks
Something's odd, as this page references the 3.6l turbo 6 as the Cayenne GTS' engine. http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/ca...turesandspecs/
My mistake, I thought you were referencing the 2016 Panamera GTS, since this thread was about the next Panamera body. You are correct about the Cayenne GTS going turbo.

Sorry.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:34 PM
gotchya -- yes, my point was that since Porsche had phased out the NA v8 for the 2016 Cayenne GTS, the next generation Panamera GTS may no longer have a NA v8 either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spy video: New Porsche Panamera