Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help! Buying a "gently used" Porsche Panamera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 09:53 AM
donmckee90 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mikecobot
Thanks for the replies everyone. I have decided not to move ahead with the car. So I'm back searching for another car. I have a dilemma at this point in terms deciding between Panamera 4S and Turbo (both 2012 models; less than 30k miles). What do you guys think? This is because I know that price difference between a brand new 4S and Turbo could be as high as $40k. However since I'm looking to buy used the difference shrinks to about $10k. But I'm just trying to figure out if Turbo feels that much different with 100HP difference to justify the $10k. Please advise, and thanks again for everyone's counsel.
From a value proposition the turbo will retain more value over time. Why are you not considering GTS? Which also has an even better value retention. The turbo and GTS look better also. Don't forget about that beautiful spoiler that only comes with them also.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:16 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
If you are going with Porsche wheels these are the wheels you want on your Panamera.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo252.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	431311   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo175.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	431312   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo459.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	431313  
Old 10-27-2015, 01:15 PM
EmmHolla is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sdg1871
if you are going with porsche wheels these are the wheels you want on your panamera.
+1..

Old 10-28-2015, 07:19 AM
Mikecobot is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by donmckee90
From a value proposition the turbo will retain more value over time. Why are you not considering GTS? Which also has an even better value retention. The turbo and GTS look better also. Don't forget about that beautiful spoiler that only comes with them also.
I did think about the GTS but here my question: how big is the difference between 4S and GTS? I see that GTS has 30hp extra and comes with an awesome sounding exhaust and the chrono package is standard on the GTS. Most of the 4S I am looking at has the chrono package and I'm planning to get an aftermarket exhaust installed if I get the 4S. In the light of this is it still worth getting the GTS? I guess I'm trying to figure out if the difference between GTS and 4S is as large as BMW regular versus the M series.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by sdg1871
If you are going with Porsche wheels these are the wheels you want on your Panamera.
Those are beautiful wheels by the way!

Old 10-28-2015, 07:54 AM
I did think about the GTS but here my question: how big is the difference between 4S and GTS? I see that GTS has 30hp extra and comes with an awesome sounding exhaust and the chrono package is standard on the GTS. Most of the 4S I am looking at has the chrono package and I'm planning to get an aftermarket exhaust installed if I get the 4S. In the light of this is it still worth getting the GTS? I guess I'm trying to figure out if the difference between GTS and 4S is as large as BMW regular versus the M series.
The only way to tell would be to drive both cars. On paper the difference seems negligable but after driving both you should be able to tell..

Old 10-28-2015, 07:57 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Those are beautiful wheels by the way!
Thanks. Def my fav OEM wheels available for the Panamera.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:26 AM
I think that the "BMW vs M" would be the best way to put it feel wise. Decent exhaust options for these cars start at about 3 grand. As I mentioned earlier aesthetically there is a big difference that will began to weigh on you after learning the nuisances post purchase. ie. front bumper, side skirts, spoiler deployment, ride height
All I'm saying is dont buy a 4s and then try to make it a gts.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:02 AM
Technical speaking a GTS is a 4S with a lot of options standard and sold at a discount as opposed to optioning out a 4S. It has a upgraded intake and engine mapping (correct me if I'm wrong here) that accounts for the extra 30 hp. And a lower ride height. Those are the primary differences between the two.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:22 AM
Please forgive me for asking this rather silly question. But if I were looking for a Porsche certified 2011-12 model, how important is mileage on the car? This is because originally I had limited my search to less than 30k miles but I see very attractive pricing on some of the CPOs with 50k miles. I know with an equipment more mileage leads to increased wear and tear but does CPO alliviate some of this concern? With regular maintenance and gentle handling what's is a typical life of a Porsche Panamera? 200k miles? 300k miles? Also, going back to GTS and Turbo I see they have adjustable suspension but does that lead to suspension issues down the road? I know Range Rovers with adjustable suspension are notorious for that. I know Porsche is in a completely different class when it comes to reliability compared to RR but is suspension something I should be thinking about if I go with GTS or Turbo?

Old 10-28-2015, 12:08 PM
Please forgive me for asking this rather silly question. But if I were looking for a Porsche certified 2011-12 model, how important is mileage on the car? This is because originally I had limited my search to less than 30k miles but I see very attractive pricing on some of the CPOs with 50k miles. I know with an equipment more mileage leads to increased wear and tear but does CPO alliviate some of this concern? With regular maintenance and gentle handling what's is a typical life of a Porsche Panamera? 200k miles? 300k miles? Also, going back to GTS and Turbo I see they have adjustable suspension but does that lead to suspension issues down the road? I know Range Rovers with adjustable suspension are notorious for that. I know Porsche is in a completely different class when it comes to reliability compared to RR but is suspension something I should be thinking about if I go with GTS or Turbo?
For 2011-12 a coo is the best option as it will allow you to stay out of the grey area that most aftermarket warranties have. They all have air suspension just tuned differently. I have an LR3 with 150000 miles and no air suspension issues. Air struts normally don't fail before 120000, but again maintenance be a moot point if you choose a cpo

Old 10-28-2015, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by EmmHolla
Technical speaking a GTS is a 4S with a lot of options standard and sold at a discount as opposed to optioning out a 4S. It has a upgraded intake and engine mapping (correct me if I'm wrong here) that accounts for the extra 30 hp. And a lower ride height. Those are the primary differences between the two.
Don't forget about exhaust and yes. You are correct.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:21 PM
Quadry is on a distinguished road
If you are going to touch the exhaust, then just go GTS.

Also, do not be afraid of the 50k+ cars. I bought a 11 Turbo with a little over 50k on it, with CPO and it has been great.

Old 10-28-2015, 03:00 PM
iammulva has a spectacular aura aboutiammulva has a spectacular aura aboutiammulva has a spectacular aura about
Please forgive me for asking this rather silly question. But if I were looking for a Porsche certified 2011-12 model, how important is mileage on the car?
I bought a 2010 Turbo CPO with 60k miles on it. Have had issues, but all covered by CPO. I wouldn't have bought the car without a CPO (or factory warranty) no matter what the mileage is simply because it's an expensive, high-tech, relatively-lower-volume car and therefore likely to have more expensive fixes if/when things do go wrong and they WILL go wrong eventually.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:03 AM
Found the wheels!! So these are the wheels on the Panamera that I posted earlier. I'm no expert but doesn't the pricing on these seem bit cheap? Does anyone have any experience with these wheels? http://www.fkwheels.com/wheels/rt-6

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please help! Buying a "gently used" Porsche Panamera