Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help! Buying a "gently used" Porsche Panamera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 07:45 AM
iammulva has a spectacular aura aboutiammulva has a spectacular aura aboutiammulva has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mikecobot
Found the wheels!! So these are the wheels on the Panamera that I posted earlier. I'm no expert but doesn't the pricing on these seem bit cheap? Does anyone have any experience with these wheels? http://www.fkwheels.com/wheels/rt-6
I like the looks of those. Here's what they look like on a silver car. http://fkwheels.com/assets/gallery/4...t-6_source.jpg

Would like to see them on a darker car. Curious what people say about strength/weight/quality.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:04 AM
staceyr is on a distinguished road
2012 ptt?

regardless if you bought the 2012 ptt that was in CA or not, can you tell me what the color is if not the VIN? thanks and hope you found one, just didn't end up with this one. Be careful just bc they're cpo doesn't mean they are, this one was sold as such. long story but they lied and they guy bought it anyway. really stupid of him

Old 06-14-2016, 04:12 PM
Jafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mikecobot
Please forgive me for asking this rather silly question. But if I were looking for a Porsche certified 2011-12 model, how important is mileage on the car? This is because originally I had limited my search to less than 30k miles but I see very attractive pricing on some of the CPOs with 50k miles. I know with an equipment more mileage leads to increased wear and tear but does CPO alliviate some of this concern? With regular maintenance and gentle handling what's is a typical life of a Porsche Panamera? 200k miles? 300k miles? Also, going back to GTS and Turbo I see they have adjustable suspension but does that lead to suspension issues down the road? I know Range Rovers with adjustable suspension are notorious for that. I know Porsche is in a completely different class when it comes to reliability compared to RR but is suspension something I should be thinking about if I go with GTS or Turbo?
My 5cents worth: I would not get a used 2012 or before with a lot of miles (I.e. 30k +), too many unknowns and risk of repairs. Your additional warranty will cost you $4-$6k, service is expensive (40k and 80k service runs about $2000-2600k if you don't go to the Porsche dealer (more if you do)), resale will be challenging and high loss of value.
Also not sure why you want to install after market exhaust and different wheels, again, this can set you back $2-$3 each.

Seems you are looking in the $60k-$70k range plus extras, I would rather buy a 2013 Panamera GTS with warranty and with 10-15k miles for about $75k and don't pay extra for add-one like wheels, warranty and exhaust. Will be cheaper to operate, better car and higher resale value.
Keep in mind, you are buying one of the most incredible cars in the world, but everything is expensive about the car: service, tires, insurance, repairs...