Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shopping for a Panamera for my 25th birthday.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 05:27 PM
NYJets is on a distinguished road
Shopping for a Panamera for my 25th birthday.

I'm currently 24 years old, steady career, married, with 2 children.

I've always wanted to buy a Panamera, and I turn 25 in a couple of months so I think the time is perfect.

I've been browsing the forums a little bit, and I was wondering at there any major concerns I have when looking a used Panamera 4S? Are they reliable? I plan on using it as my daily driver....

And insight or comments will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:06 PM
EmmHolla is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NYJets
I'm currently 24 years old, steady career, married, with 2 children. I've always wanted to buy a Panamera, and I turn 25 in a couple of months so I think the time is perfect. I've been browsing the forums a little bit, and I was wondering at there any major concerns I have when looking a used Panamera 4S? Are they reliable? I plan on using it as my daily driver.... And insight or comments will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Overall great cars.. If you can.. Make sure it's a CPO car.. So if anything does go wrong you're covered I've had a 4S since Jan and the only issue I've had to deal with was a faulty fuel filter which was replaced under CPO warranty

Last edited by EmmHolla; 11-04-2015 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by EmmHolla
Overall great cars.. If you can.. Make sure it's a CPO car.. So if anything does go wrong you're covered I've had a 4S since Jan and the only issue I've had to deal with was a faulty fuel filter which was replaced under CPO warranty
What is a CPO warranty? Lol sorry if that's a dumb question.

And how much would the faulty fuel filter would have been without it?

Old 11-04-2015, 08:15 PM
iPodguy is on a distinguished road
Certified Pre-Owned, Good luck .

Old 11-04-2015, 08:16 PM
EmmHolla is on a distinguished road
What is a CPO warranty? Lol sorry if that's a dumb question. And how much would the faulty fuel filter would have been without it?
CPO = Certified pre-owned.. The warranty is an added 2 years to the factory warranty or 100,000 miles whichever comes first.. The filter would have been a 2k repair..

Old 11-04-2015, 09:08 PM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
And how much would the faulty fuel filter would have been without it?
That's like one of those "if you have to ask" type questions. Be prepared.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by EmmHolla
CPO = Certified pre-owned.. The warranty is an added 2 years to the factory warranty or 100,000 miles whichever comes first.. The filter would have been a 2k repair..
I'll be sure to ask the dealership if the car is CPO.... If It isn't, would Porsche offer me any extended warranties?

Last edited by NYJets; 11-04-2015 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:15 PM
I'll be sure to ask the dealership if the car is CPO.... If It isn't, would Porache offer me any extended warranties?
Dealerships usually offer it plus if its CPO then its most likely viable for a warranty 100,000 miles

Old 11-04-2015, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by iPodguy
Dealerships usually offer it plus if its CPO then its most likely viable for a warranty 100,000 miles
How much would the extended warranty run me?

Old 11-04-2015, 11:17 PM
Im guessing around $3k-$5k. A buddy of mine had to pay $4000 for a Cayman.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:48 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
First of all, I have no idea (nor is it my business) what you financial situation is, but the best advise I could give you is to buy the car from a Porsche dealer(ask them to print a copy of the cars service records if it pages long pass), buy the latest (if you are planning on buying new forget this part) model you can afford and make sure the car has a CPO warranty. I have a 2010 4S, and it has had its share of issues, most of them before I owned it. I tend to like to do things certain things myself and recently did some work that would have cost at least $1500 dollars at the dealer. Just keep in mind that when you buy a car that costs over 100K new (regardless of what you pay for it) it usually costs more to fix when things go wrong. Good luck.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:19 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MrPrice
First of all, I have no idea (nor is it my business) what you financial situation is, but the best advise I could give you is to buy the car from a Porsche dealer(ask them to print a copy of the cars service records if it pages long pass), buy the latest (if you are planning on buying new forget this part) model you can afford and make sure the car has a CPO warranty. I have a 2010 4S, and it has had its share of issues, most of them before I owned it. I tend to like to do things certain things myself and recently did some work that would have cost at least $1500 dollars at the dealer. Just keep in mind that when you buy a car that costs over 100K new (regardless of what you pay for it) it usually costs more to fix when things go wrong. Good luck.
Absolutely what he said! There should be a fair number of these cars coming off lease. Personally, I'd recommend you going for a P4S. Mine was an `11 and, except for replacing the horn under warranty, it gave me zero problems in the 3 years I owned it. Bear in mind that you'll be paying about $550 anually for just routine maintenance. Getting one with an extended warranty would be the smartest move in my opinion.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:21 AM
iammulva has a spectacular aura aboutiammulva has a spectacular aura aboutiammulva has a spectacular aura about
[Chanting]

CPO!
CPO!
CPO!
CPO!

Old 11-05-2015, 08:59 AM
Gus_Smedstad is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NiceCar
That's like one of those "if you have to ask" type questions. Be prepared.
Yeah, I had some incredible sticker shock the first time I took our cars in for the routine 10,000 mile / 1 year oil change. I'm used to paying $20 tops, and it clocked in at about $350 for both the Cayman and the Panamera. Once the Cayman comes off warranty I'll be looking at independent shops for this - there's no way there's that much labor involved in an oil change and routine inspection.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:42 AM
ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !
Unsolicited option:

If your first thought about every topic brought up is going to be cost/expense related, then please do not buy a used Porsche. Or any other used luxury car. Just because the acquisition cost is low, the vehicle NEVER EVER ceases to be high-end vehicle and the costs to address issues such as repairs, maintenance and insurance will ALWAYS be commensurate with its original selling price. More or less.

This guidance comes from years far greater than yours.

$0.02

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shopping for a Panamera for my 25th birthday.