Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera radiator fans blowing hard

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 01:47 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Panamera radiator fans blowing hard

As the title says no matter what the outside temperature is or how much the car have been running , the noise of the fans and the radiatore frontal area is very very loud. I changed the coalant pipes one year ago because they where leaking . What could the problem be ? Maybe to much dirt in the radiator?

Old 05-20-2016, 10:57 AM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
It could simply be your fans, the dirt could possibly make them run more frequently but shouldn't affect the noise level persay

Old 05-20-2016, 11:05 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
I am worried if coalant is still leaking , or thermostat isnt doing its job. Dirty fan or intercooler couls be a possibilty too

Old 05-20-2016, 12:15 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
I am worried if coalant is still leaking , or thermostat isnt doing its job. Dirty fan or intercooler couls be a possibilty too
Understandable, are you getting any indication of leaking coolant? smell or even residue when the car is parked? Additionally look for splatter in the engine bay as if a leak existed it would make a mess of things. Just a couple of troubleshooting steps that may help you diagnose the issue. Consider looking at having the fans diagnosed by a dealer or changed if the noise that that bad.

Hard to properly tell you how to approach it without hearing/seeing other evidence

Old 06-12-2016, 01:10 PM
sayadil is on a distinguished road
Hey

Im having a similar issue with my 2013 Panamera Diesel 3.0 PORSCHECAYENNE92.
Just since yesterday FAN next to engine is running full speed making lot of noise in the process. Fan is on irrespective of temperature outside and is not shutting off. The only way it shuts off is when i turn the Ac off (even with or without inside air system working or turned off). Since Fan turns off with Turning AC off (via button or by decreasing air flow to off) i thought may be fan stays on and loud with compressor and would turn off with compressor so i tried to increase the cabin temperature all the way to 28... car does get warm meaning compressor is off as air turns hot but fan is still on and loud unless i turn the ac function off.

Now I'm in a town away from Delhi, India where there's no porsche dealership so wondering what could be the problem. AC overall works excellent its the sound from the fan in front of the car thats too loud when you have the car running and ur standing outside.

Please help.. I'm sure you got your car fixed.

Old 06-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Car still used to much coalant and ac fans still are too loud

Old 06-16-2016, 02:03 PM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
I just recently changed my thermostat and housing. Was told there was a new design. mine is a 2010

Old 06-24-2021, 11:27 AM
salee is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you ever figure out the solution?