Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remove Side Markers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 02:07 PM
nephew is on a distinguished road
Remove Side Markers?

Is there a way to easily remove the side markers (so they can be painted or filmed)?

Old 05-31-2016, 02:50 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by nephew
Is there a way to easily remove the side markers (so they can be painted or filmed)?
Yes, it involves removing the front wheels (easy access) undoing the fender liner, unplugging the lights and pushing them out...I just did mine over the weekend. If you search you can find the vendor that sells painted side markers.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:08 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
the 911 used to just pop out using a credit card from the out side light... if they just pop out maybe you can avoid all that work.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:59 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cerbomark
the 911 used to just pop out using a credit card from the out side light... if they just pop out maybe you can avoid all that work.
Sadly they don't, at least I wasn't willing to potentially damage the paint. Besides its super easy the recommended way.

Old 06-01-2016, 05:56 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OEkun1
Sadly they don't, at least I wasn't willing to potentially damage the paint. Besides its super easy the recommended way.

Understood. If I saw the back of the new ones I d be able to tell if they come out the easier way though. Do they make clear markers. I did those on my 911 and may do them on this car ? Do you have a link to changing them?

Old 06-01-2016, 09:29 AM
Understood. If I saw the back of the new ones I d be able to tell if they come out the easier way though. Do they make clear markers. I did those on my 911 and may do them on this car ? Do you have a link to changing them?
I have my OEM ones that I'm willing to part with if you have a shop and want to paint them to match your vehicle.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:40 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Yes, it involves removing the front wheels (easy access) undoing the fender liner, unplugging the lights and pushing them out...I just did mine over the weekend. If you search you can find the vendor that sells painted side markers.
Did you try youtube? They dealer told me that was the method to remove them on my cayenne, but I saw a video of how you slide fishing line behind the marker from the front, then work it back (half way) until it stops. Then you pull on the line and it unclicks the tab. Then it pops right out. Not sure if it's the same on the pany, but it's worth looking into.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by White Rock
Did you try youtube? They dealer told me that was the method to remove them on my cayenne, but I saw a video of how you slide fishing line behind the marker from the front, then work it back (half way) until it stops. Then you pull on the line and it unclicks the tab. Then it pops right out. Not sure if it's the same on the pany, but it's worth looking into.
For some, taking the wheels off allowed me to look at other things (brake pads, suspension configuration for the pending springs install).

Old 06-02-2016, 09:14 AM
I have my OEM ones that I'm willing to part with if you have a shop and want to paint them to match your vehicle.
I ll trade a set of amber 997.2 ones .

Old 06-02-2016, 10:07 PM

I ll trade a set of amber 997.2 ones .

Old 06-08-2016, 01:17 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
You do not have to remove the front wheels, just turn them the opposite direction on the side you're working on. There's a small hole where you insert a screwdriver to push the side marker out.

I had the bulb painted black as well with some high temp spray paint so they won't shine through the paint.

Last edited by tonyep; 06-08-2016 at 01:19 PM.