Sponsored by:

sound system upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 09:56 AM
Pieter97 is on a distinguished road
sound system upgrade

Hello Forum,

Unfortunately I had an accident with my 2012 Panamera S hybrid, so it is worth even less than a regular hybrid...

So I signed up with Troy for extended warranty and will be driving it for the next 5 years. Now I need better sound.

Although my car is very heavily optioned ($125k sticker originally), the sound system in 'standard', not even Bose, let alone Burmeister. And the quality of the sound is really sub-par, very disappointing for such a nice car.

My question is: How difficult is it to upgrade to either Bose or something else?

Any suggestions are welcome

Old 06-06-2016, 08:04 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
It probably isn't that bad, but you would have to put together a plan to integrate with the PCM.

This would include converting the low-level output into a suitable signal into something usable for amplifiers. Of course you would need to upgrade the speakers and potentially subwoofer. I have found other forums here on 6speed have more information on Porsche stereo upgrades.

It would make sense for you to visit a local audio shop for options and what they would charge to do the work for you if you're not inclined to do the work yourself.