Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How reliable is your panamera?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 10:19 PM
Jafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to behold
Guess we should stop.
Yup, some cars (the Monday cars as we call them in Germany) have issues, but overall, Porsche is way ahead of the competitors

Old 09-10-2016, 04:55 PM
GSP
GSP is on a distinguished road
I have a 2013 CPO Pan GTS. Excellent car and no issues.

From my Ferrari experience I would only add that it is important for these cars to have a good battery. If you don't make a habit of keeping it on a battery charger when not driven much (longer than three days) buy a new battery after four years. Low battery voltage seems to cause a whole pile of electrical issues. The best thing that you can do for these cars is use a battery tender. Manufacturers (except Ferrari they are very clear about this) are hesitant to tell customers that they need to keep their petrol cars plugged in, but this does solve a lot of problems proactively IMO. This is also my experience with BMW's - a fact that was confirmed to me by a friend who is a senior warranty tech manager with BMWNA

Old 09-12-2016, 08:11 AM
DUMAN is on a distinguished road
2016 panamera turbo or 2016 CLS 63 AMG?

Old 09-13-2016, 09:54 AM
echristie is on a distinguished road
I have a 14 "S" with 35K miles, no issues at all other than routine maintenance.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:47 PM
grover432 is on a distinguished road
Get rid of it - fast!!

Old 09-16-2016, 08:56 PM
mwvh is on a distinguished road
Wish I could.
It's been a month now and still no diagnosis. Who would buy such a high end car in such a condition, unless it were highly discounted.
Porsche has no idea how to fix it and were even considering returning it to me, as is, so I could drive it some more, until the faults return more regularly (apparently they're having difficulty replicating the faults).
Anyhow, I guess I should just be happy with the Cayenne diesel I have as a loaner, since everything seems to work just fine.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:17 AM
Gordon Roscoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Electronics faults

I purchased a 2010 4s from the local dealer here in Brisbane. Its a great car to drive and far more practical than the 997 T it replaced.

The main issue I have is the numerous warning lights that change on a weekly basis. This week I have engine light, PSM and 4WD fault.

I went back to Porsche again so they could turn the lights off and check over the vehicle. However on this visit they reported no 3 cylinder misfire.

I couldn't leave the car and they didn't have the part or the time to fix it.

On returning home I removed and tested the ignition coils on the offside cyl block. Cylinders 1-4. Number 3 had a poor output. I will replace the coil on number 3 tomorrow. Let's see if it clears the problem.

After 2 years of ownership I do feel that this model has many issues with 'gost' electrical issues that come and go.

Battery was change 3 months which appeared to help a little. (800) . The coils are 90 AUD retail.

Gordon

Last week I

Old 09-19-2016, 11:26 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
2015 Pana 4, 11K, no issues yet.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:56 AM
Carolina Girl has a spectacular aura aboutCarolina Girl has a spectacular aura aboutCarolina Girl has a spectacular aura about
I had a 2012 for four years (low mileage - 35k when traded) and have had my 2016 for 10 mos. (also low mileage) with zero issues for either.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:57 AM
iammulva has a spectacular aura aboutiammulva has a spectacular aura aboutiammulva has a spectacular aura about
i've had a variety of issues that, if not under CPO, would have cost me over $6k (conservative estimate). Some of those were actual issues with the car, some were issues caused by improper repair done by the dealer. Logically, I believe Panameras to be generally reliable (based on 2006 Carrera ownership experience and other Porsche owners' input), but emotionally, I don't "trust" my car based on all the times it's been in the dealer in the slightly-longer-than-a-year i've owned it.

I thank the flying spaghetti monster every day that I bought a CPO vehicle. I would be truly hating life right now if I hadn't. I hope that, over time, issues become more of a distant memory than a frequently occurring event.

My gf (who owns a 2011 Cayman) says I don't know how you put up with it (referring to the number of times I'm driving a loaner instead of the car I paid for).

Old 09-29-2016, 09:53 PM
mwvh is on a distinguished road
Believe it or not, after a total 7 visits and 150 days in the dealership, Porsche finally found the cause of all the car's problems. It was simply a short between two wires under the drivers seat (see pics below). Apparently it was a short to positive that was taking down the whole CAN. I can't believe that such small wires can cause so much trouble... Anyhow, I've very happy to finally get my car back.

Old 10-01-2016, 06:05 AM
RDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to all
I purchased a 2010 Turbo with 38k on the clock.

It throws multiple chassis/suspension faults when temps are below freezing.
Electronic fuel pump control failed @ a cost of $4000.00 (total). This left us stranded twice needing flat bed tow before repair.

Front suspension was completely replaced per dealer recommendation. Worn out etc? $7000.00.

Coil packs (several) failed at 45k resulting in check engine light & very rough idle. All 8 were Replaced @ a cost of ~$800.

Other than that its been ok since . But im always nervous on a long road trip.
Seems odd to feel that way with a $186,000 Porsche " super car"

Last edited by RDS993; 10-01-2016 at 06:09 AM.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:21 AM
seven11 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by RDS993
I purchased a 2010 Turbo with 38k on the clock.

It throws multiple chassis/suspension faults when temps are below freezing.
Electronic fuel pump control failed @ a cost of $4000.00 (total). This left us stranded twice needing flat bed tow before repair.

Front suspension was completely replaced per dealer recommendation. Worn out etc? $7000.00.

Coil packs (several) failed at 45k resulting in check engine light & very rough idle. All 8 were Replaced @ a cost of ~$800.

Other than that its been ok since . But im always nervous on a long road trip.
Seems odd to feel that way with a $186,000 Porsche " super car"
is that of repairs $12,000 in one year?

if so, you can be driving a brand new one, with that extra $1000 a month.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:05 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Seems to me that the older ones are more likely to have issues. Newer ones seem to be solid. I m sure there are exceptions.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:13 AM
RDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cerbomark
Seems to me that the older ones are more likely to have issues. Newer ones seem to be solid. I m sure there are exceptions.
True,

if u have the " older bad ones" with electrical gremlins- ur screwed.

Porsche had a factory recall for the electronic fuel control unit for all early 4.8 Cayennes/Panamera's. Once u get that replaced & update the front suspension on earlier Turbos then u are most likely to have a reliable car.

From my experience the adaptive air suspension does not like sub freezing temps. It always malfunctions throwing chassis failure codes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.