Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 S eHybrid - High Voltage Battery Charger defective

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 01:48 PM
pishter is an unknown quantity at this point
2015 S eHybrid - High Voltage Battery Charger defective

I've learned a lot from reading this site so I wanted to share something that may help others.

A few months ago, I noticed that after shutting the 2015 S eHybrid off, the radiator fan would still be running. It's normal for it to run for a few minutes but mine was running for a few hours. I'm sure it would would have drained the battery if the car didn't have an extra electric battery. (Later I was told by the dealer that it should not be running for more than 20 mins.)

After taking it in for a diagnostic check, the dealer determined that there was an error in the communication between the high voltage charger and the computer. The computer is thinking that the HV charger's temperature is too high so it keeps the radiator fan running in an attempt to cool it down.

So they needed to replace the HV Charger part 5QE-915-681-H.

The problem was there was only one of this part in Northern America. It took 3 weeks to get another one from Germany.

After getting the part and now having the car for 2 weeks, I can say that the problem is now gone.

So if you notice that the fan near the radiator is running unusually long (hrs at a time), you could also be having this problem.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.