Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Park Assist w Surround View

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 08:49 PM
pjjameso is on a distinguished road
Park Assist w Surround View

Just checking if anyone has figured out a way to manually turn on the Surround View. Seems like it doesnt always trigger on automatically and want to have it so I dont hit those damn concrete stops.

Only way to trigger if sensor doesnt is to put it in reverse. Hoping someone has figured out how to turn it on....

Old 07-23-2016, 11:29 AM
marcelekusa is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pjjameso
Just checking if anyone has figured out a way to manually turn on the Surround View. Seems like it doesnt always trigger on automatically and want to have it so I dont hit those damn concrete stops.

Only way to trigger if sensor doesnt is to put it in reverse. Hoping someone has figured out how to turn it on....
Mine always turn on at proximity of close obstacles.
I like the feature especially front facing camera when put shifter in D.
I've had the car for a week so I haven't found out how to turn it on manually, but I'd love to have that option.

Old 07-23-2016, 03:44 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
front facing camera???

my sensors are always on and it was that way from new so I can t answer how to activate it.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:59 AM
2thfxr is on a distinguished road
I use the air suspension to raise the car everytime I go to park against a concrete stop, works great and it returns to normal when you drive off.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:10 AM
Porscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cerbomark
front facing camera???

my sensors are always on and it was that way from new so I can t answer how to activate it.
I think he saying that he does have it come on, but sometimes it comes on to late. He wants it to be a button you press to active it a head of time.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:57 PM
Ordered Analogue is on a distinguished road
On my Cayenne I can link it to the auxiliary (Diamond) button on the steering wheel. I would assume its the same with the Panamera.

Can post some pics of how to do that if you like.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:13 PM
I havent been able to link to my diamond on the steering wheel... Would be great if you could post some pics. Mine is at 2014 GTS...

Old 07-31-2016, 10:01 AM
Ordered Analogue is on a distinguished road
Sure.

1 - Scroll to Vehicle Menu

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gyl10Ws.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	538767

2 - Click to settings

Attachment 538768

3 - Scroll down to Steering Wheel Operation

Name:	j3ckEeq.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	538769

4 - Select multi function key

Name:	fUCPr5n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	538770

5 - Select PCM Function

Attachment 538768

6 - Scroll down to Surround View

Name:	qZRYm3t.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	538771

7 - Brings it right up for me

Name:	xtY3B8z.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	538772

Thats how I do it

Maybe its because mine is a 16?

Perhaps your dealer could update/code it in for you.

Also didn't know I could select the Sports Exhaust function as well.

Name:	a4FdEsj.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	538773

Last edited by Ordered Analogue; 07-31-2016 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:47 PM
Yep, thats the issue... dont have the option to select the surround view nor the sport exhaust. Will contact the dealer to see if they can update the software.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:13 AM
robkat is an unknown quantity at this point
PJ, Were you able to update the PCM Software for this? I have a 2014 Panamera and I also do not have the option to program the multi function key to Park Assist, but I would love this as I go to park and the camera hardly ever turns on automatically (only leaving the space or in revers).

Just curious if there is an update to any computer systems

Old 03-08-2017, 02:35 PM
No, asked the Tech Mgr if an update was available, he checked and said no. Not really sure I believe him as all it would be is a software update. Let me know if you have any luck on your side.

Old 03-27-2017, 03:06 PM
Emerging Sponsor
atwong1 will become famous soon enough
There has to be a way. In my last car, I programmed it to switch on at 5mph. Before I figure it out, I have been briefly switch to reverse and switch back to drive to kick start the four cameras.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:32 AM
robkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, every morning, pulling into my parking garage I have no way of seeing anything either. The sensors "beep" letting me know I am close to something, but it would be super-helpful to press a button (easily) and have the cameras up instead of navigating through the PM everytime.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:48 AM
Emerging Sponsor
Originally Posted by robkat
Yes, every morning, pulling into my parking garage I have no way of seeing anything either. The sensors "beep" letting me know I am close to something, but it would be super-helpful to press a button (easily) and have the cameras up instead of navigating through the PM everytime.
I have not run into parking camera problems too often, because I have been backing into spaces due to charging stand locations. My home charging station is wall mounted near the end because I built it for a LEAF three years ago. At work, the charging is near the sidewalk so I have to back into it if I wanted to charge. Parking with tail in first also have the advantage of having a clear view ahead when you are leaving.

However, cameras activation by one button can be done, and should be easy. We can integrate it to the high ride level button. We can run a separate wire to the front sensor for 0.5 sec, simulating a obstruction detection. This will activate the 360 cameras. However, to do this you have to be willing to take the front bumper off.

However, knowing that some other cars have Surround view as an option to the diamond button, I think it's not hard to request Porsche to add that to the PSeH menu in a future update, and this should be the right way to do it if they will listen. I think if we have enough people to sign a partition, it will happen, because it's easy for them.

Last edited by atwong1; 03-28-2017 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:58 PM
Emerging Sponsor
Done. Hit the CAR button one to two times, depending on where you were before. Surround view will come up.

Update: It should be like this. Hit INFO and then CAR. The surround view will show up.

Update: It is not always working. I am still trying to experiment.

By the way, my front camera lens was smashed by road debris. Cost of repair was $860. It didn't take much to damage the lens. For this reason, I have made a Porsche camera lens protector, basically an invisible armor film cut to size. It's working great.

Last edited by atwong1; 04-05-2017 at 08:23 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Park Assist w Surround View