Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone verify if this is authentic panamera wheel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 11:49 AM
newporsche is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone verify if this is authentic panamera wheel?

hi all first time poster here

i am interested in a 2010 panamera but it seems the wheels were swapped out and turbo II wheels were put on but its in black and i thought porsche only made them in gunmetal grey

Any opinions based on the pic? Can someone advise me as to the easiest way i could verify the authenticity of the wheel before I purchase? pic is attached

Attached Images  
Old 09-22-2017, 10:22 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
they made them in black as well, but the best way to verify would be to pull one off and look for the stamping on the inside of the wheel

Old 09-22-2017, 02:30 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
yes, and maybe even with a small mirror see the numbers without removing wheels. They do make replicas of most of these wheels too FYI.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:31 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
The center caps look grey...

Old 09-22-2017, 07:52 PM
yeah its a grey centercap, that seemed odd to me. they said that the wheels were painted, was wondering if there was anyway to verify the wheel without taking the wheel off....the mirror trick would work or are the numbers/engravings too hard to see without taking the wheel off? or if anyone can tell anything based off the front of the wheel any thoughts appreciated

Old 09-23-2017, 12:50 AM
allroadusa has a spectacular aura aboutallroadusa has a spectacular aura about
Most probably, black finish means replica not genuine Porsche. Black finish is not standard, only ordered on demand. Very rare.
Engravings can been seen thru the wheel spokes by the hub.
Look for these numbers (ref is the correct one for rear wheel Turbo II gunmetal).

Old 09-23-2017, 05:10 AM
yea that s a good reference pic as to the numbers location. You will be able to see without taking off.

Old 09-23-2017, 05:12 AM
one number is the width, size and offset and other should begin with 970XXXXx for Panamera.

Old 09-23-2017, 03:20 PM
thanks for the pics, i was unable to see behind the hub as i believe it was attached to a spacer? does that make sense? also one of the wheel caps is grey the rest are black, not sure what thats about...

Old 09-23-2017, 03:53 PM
close up pic of the wheel any thoughts? thanks

Old 09-23-2017, 04:02 PM
No a spacer won t block the number... spin the wheel until the numbers appear. May need that mirror, not sure. You can see where the spacer ends and the hub begins, that where you ll see the numbers. Then again, if it s aftermarket you may not see anything FYI.

Last edited by cerbomark; 09-23-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:14 PM
can t you just ask the seller??? Every wheel like that seem to be grey if OEM from the search I did. Not a deal breaker. Maybe they had the 19 turbo wheels and went to 20 s...

Old 09-23-2017, 11:10 PM
hey man, the seller didnt know either the vehicle sticker says it came with 20 inch spyder wheels but i dont know if they took them off and put these wheels on or what happened....also it is odd that one of the center caps is dark grey rather than black

Old 09-24-2017, 03:15 PM
just checked mine. FYI I have oem 19 turbo wheels and they are not marked like above pics... My 911 was, strange. anyway I needed a small mirror and light to see the markings on the backside of that hub area right after where the spacers would end and the rim begins... Good luck. Maybe different years are not all marked the same?

Old 09-24-2017, 03:24 PM
FYI, just saw other which are marked on the inside of one of the spokes...