Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire/Wheel Warranty and dent warranty from Dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 10:16 PM
alexe is an unknown quantity at this point
Tire/Wheel Warranty and dent warranty from Dealer

I just bought a 2016 Panamera S hybrid with 1600mi (CPO car) and opted for the tire/wheel warranty (1600.00/3yrs) and the dent warranty (495/5yrs) from Mastertec. I have 60 days to cancel...wondering if they're worth keeping or should I cancel. I live in the Dallas area.

Thanks in advance!
Dave

Old 11-18-2017, 06:32 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
It s a individual choice. In 40 years of owning nice cars I have never bought any of this type of insurance and have never dented a wheel and have had two or three dings that have been remove for a fraction of the cost of one year insurance.
It also depends on where and how you use your cars, road conditions , parking etc.. All individual factors. Also can you afford to replace a wheel if something should happen (Most Porsche owners can). That wheel covers seems awful expensive to me. The dealer tries to scare you about the price of a wheel but they use dealer list costs. A OEM wheel can be bought for less than that. So I am not for this but that doesn t mean I am saying it s a wrong choice for you.
PS/ This is an area that dealers make money. That tells me most people don t out claim what they paid.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:17 PM
riden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura about
The dealer offered one to me for about $1300 but I didn’t buy it. The fine print excluded replacing the wheel if it still holds air so it only covered complete collapses. Didn’t like this exclusion.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:55 PM
knowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura about
I would echo cerbomark's comments. If you or a family member who will drive the car is prone to running into curbs or not looking to avoid potholes, then it might be worth it. Otherwise I think that is terribly expensive insurance.

However, if you cancel and you have an incident, I will not cover it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.