Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Panamera S- PASM- which mode to use?

Old 12-04-2017, 08:21 PM
newporsche is an unknown quantity at this point
2010 Panamera S- PASM- which mode to use?

for the Panamera S 2010 with PASM which mode is best? Comfort or SPORT or SPORT PLUS?

If you dont have the air suspension option and put it in SPORT PLUS does the car actually lower or is that only if you have air suspension? Does SPORT PLUS on the PASM make the car exhaust any louder or quicker shifting?

thanks all

Old 12-05-2017, 12:11 PM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
Have the 2010 4S. with no air ride.

Sometimes I drive in Sport mode but keep the suspension in stock as the roads in the bay area are the ****tiest like LA/NY full of uneven roads or potholes.

Changing the settings is changing the aggressiveness of the car, shifting acceleration, and suspension feeling ( Soft, Medium or Hard). Mine is lowered on eibachs already. Unless your car comes with height adjustment, if it doesn't' the shocks just get stiffer or softer.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:44 PM
so the PASM without air suspension doesnt affect the height of the car? should i be using the sport plus PASM mode on the highway? does it change shift points to make it more aggressive?

Old 12-06-2017, 05:56 AM
HP41 is a jewel in the roughHP41 is a jewel in the roughHP41 is a jewel in the rough
You need Air Suspension to have any impact on ride height from the driving mode.

There is a good explanation of what happens when you adjust the driving mode - many car functions are impacted (see page 212)

Summary:
From Owners Manual (pg 213)

When “Sport” mode is switched on, the indicator light on the button lights up. The word “SPORT” appears on the digital speedometer.
1. A sporty gear-changing map is enabled and the gear shifting times are shorter for the PDK transmission.
2. A sporty driving style is recognized more quickly and the gear-changing speeds are adapted to driving performance.
3. Braking downshifts are initiated earlier. Downshifts occur for small decelerations, even at higher revs.

When “Sport Plus” mode is switched on, the indicator light on the button lights up. The words “SPORT PLUS” appear on the digital speedometer.
1. In "Sport Plus" mode, the PDK transmission changes to a shift program designed for driving on race circuits. 7th gear is not selected.
2. The gear-changing performance is enhanced significantly again compared with Sport mode.

Regards,

Chuck
14 Panamera 4S

Old 12-06-2017, 09:58 AM
ive noticed slightly better fuel consumption wwhen im in Sport Plus PASM mode, does this make sense or am i wrong about this?

Old 12-06-2017, 01:07 PM
HP41 is a jewel in the roughHP41 is a jewel in the roughHP41 is a jewel in the rough
I'd be very surprised at better fuel mileage.

The engine shifts at much higher rpm and will never go into 7th gear.

Is this short in town or highway driving? What speeds?

Chuck

Old 12-06-2017, 02:04 PM
AMGTHIS is an unknown quantity at this point
I think he means both lights "ON" on the shock absorber button ?? And not in sport or sport plus mode but regular driving mode. I normally cruz around in sport plus ride height setting but not actually in the driving mode.... hope that makes sense somewhat.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:58 PM
yes i am speaking about the 2 lights on the shock absorper button....what exactly does it improve? i dont have airmatic so im presuming it doesnt lower vehicle....does it improve shifts? Louder exhaust? lower MPG? anything else besides a rougher ride?

Old 12-06-2017, 08:00 PM
for my commutes in morning time i drive in city stop and go traffic and in evening time i drive on highway for 20-30minutes....should i be on the 2 light mode on the shock absorption button?

Old 12-07-2017, 12:06 PM
pwc6t3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by newporsche
for my commutes in morning time i drive in city stop and go traffic and in evening time i drive on highway for 20-30minutes....should i be on the 2 light mode on the shock absorption button?
Two lights on your shock suspension button should put you at the stiffest suspension setting. It doesn't affect power, exhaust or anything else, just suspension setting. On my car, pressing sport button puts one suspension light on and sport plus puts two lights on. In comfort mode I can manually hit the suspension button to have no lights, one or two lights on.
Paul

Old 12-07-2017, 12:11 PM
AMGTHIS is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by pwc6t3
Two lights on your shock suspension button should put you at the stiffest suspension setting. It doesn't affect power, exhaust or anything else, just suspension setting. On my car, pressing sport button puts one suspension light on and sport plus puts two lights on. In comfort mode I can manually hit the suspension button to have no lights, one or two lights on.
Paul

How does that work if he doesn't have air ride suspension ? But he has the shock absorber button. I thought that PASM was only on air rides.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by AMGTHIS
How does that work if he doesn't have air ride suspension ? But he has the shock absorber button. I thought that PASM was only on air rides.
Page 182 of the manual (online) talks about suspension settings with PASM, without any mention of air suspension.

http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...anagement-PASM

Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
The PASM system actively adjusts the shock absorbers. The adjustable damper system selects the appropriate damping level for each wheel according to the driving situation and driving conditions. Driving safety, agility and comfort are optimised.

Three different chassis setups can be selected at the push of a button:
– "PASM Comfort"
– "PASM Sport"
– "PASM Sport Plus"

Comfort mode ensures comfortable chassis tuning.

The "PASM Sport" chassis setup offers very sporty shock absorber tuning.

"PASM Sport Plus" mode offers particularly sporty shock absorber tuning (e.g. for driving on the race circuit).

In addition to manual mode selection, PASM also adjusts shock absorber tuning for either sporty or comfort driving, depending on the driving situation.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:45 PM
what would you recommend for city driving? highway driving?

Old 12-07-2017, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by newporsche
what would you recommend for city driving? highway driving?
I almost always drive the car in Sport. Mine is a bit over 600hp so sport is plenty quick and responsive. When I put it in sport plus it is a monster so that is for special occasions. If you decide to do highway driving in sport plus, remember that it won't go into 7th gear so your mpg will drop. Personally I find the shift points in sport plus to be way too high for normal everyday driving, I constantly have to use the PDK to shift before the computer would do it. So just stick to sport mode.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.