Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

putting it on sports mode every trip?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 10:32 PM
newporsche is an unknown quantity at this point
putting it on sports mode every trip?

is it ok to put the panamera in sports mode as soon as you start the car in the cold weather? or does it have to get warmed up for 10 minutes before you can turn it on? this is for city driving so i wont be going more than 3000 RPM during the trips....should i not be going over a certain RPM in the cold weather at startup in sports mode?

Also another related question in sports mode on my 2010 panamera its not very smooth in city driving as it a little jerky when coming to a stop and accelerating from a stop. it also never goes to 1st gear it always stays in 2nd gear....anyway to fix this jerkyness issue?

Old 01-07-2018, 06:44 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
It s fine to put it into SPORT upon start up. If the engine is cold just don t send the RPMs thru the roof, same as if you didn t put it in sport mode.

As far as smoothness in city my 15 is always smooth but there are many post about jerky clunking trans shifting. Don t know what that s all about.
Mine seems to start off in 2nd most of the time also, normal.
Check with dealer on a computer re flash update for your symptoms.

Old 01-07-2018, 08:31 AM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
Have you verify with a Porsche dealer service that all applicable software updates (recalls and technical service bulletins) have been applied? You will have to provide your VIN for cross-reference on their system. You could probably do this via an email to one of the service advisors.

1st gear is automatically engaged only in Sport+ mode.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:31 PM
newporsche is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for replys. when i did the pdk oil change they said they updated the pdk software but it still isnt really smooth in SPORT mode. Are there any other software updates that can be applied?

and good to know that i can put it in sports mode any time...when you say about the RPM so i shouldnt put it at like 5000RPM within first 5 minutes or so? The only downside to SPORT mode is it consumes more gas hahah

Do you think sport mode would make any difference to oil consumption? i am having problem with large oil consumption bbut i am using non sport mode 85% of the time