Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Easy interior mod!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 06:50 AM
Diamond Dog is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by carminered
Also, don't forget you'll need one on each since they don't have a 2 wire version as well as a USB adapter to plug in more than one USB. The cost is actually significantly higher.. I spent around $10.. 2 laser wires~$200. I don't mind spending the extra money to replace if it's significantly brighter, but if it's only a slight difference, El wire is the better choice.
you are probably right...I dont mind paying extra money within reason and $200 is within reason. But the laser wire seems like it would be harder to install (2 battery packs needed). I contacted them and will let you know.

Any heat generated on the adapter or EL wire?

Can you cut the EL wire?

Old 01-16-2018, 07:35 AM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Diamond Dog
Thank you. So cool.

Did some research. Looks like laser wire is the way to go. More expensive , but still reasonable. Figure we should Put the higher quality products in these expensive cars. No current along the wire, no fading. Check it out at this site. Videos of how bright is is, along with how to use the power module.

https://www.ellumiglow.com/laser-wir...tm-2-5m-system

It's powered by a battery pack that lasts 24 hours. It recharges via USB. You get a special cable they sell and put it in "install" mode and your USB will turn it off and on. I just need to call them to see if the USB will charge it while it is lit up and on
I agree with carminered that considering other options are good, I will say though that I too am concerned about having to replace batteries or setup a circuit that will "recharge" the lights. I also don't believe that an increase in pricing yields better results for the solution. I think it all depends on frequency of use and type of use.

Originally Posted by carminered
That's great if it's brighter, definitely share your results! Few concerns... When you call, check to make sure when it powers on that it turns on and stays constant; I originally used a cigarette lighter controller that had different modes, but when powered on, you had to press a button everytime for it to light up. Also, it's seems like you'll need to order the Masters kit ($200.. Quite pricy) to adjust the length.
Thank you both for continuing this discussion, pushing the envelope with cars should always be the point.

Cheers!

Kunle

Old 01-16-2018, 08:37 AM
I read that the USB EL wire makes a humming sound. Can you confirm if this happens in your setup or not?

Old 01-16-2018, 08:42 AM
Look what I found to make install easier. EL wire splitter

Amazon Amazon

Old 01-16-2018, 06:24 PM
carminered is an unknown quantity at this point
Drove my car all day, and no noticable heat generated from the port. You can cut the wire to any length. El wire light looks great at night, but does get drowned out by bright day light, so would consider brighter options if available. I'm considering trying soft tube LED or LED light strips, but both require more work since they need to be splice into a direct source such as the ambient light. For those who want a simple solution, USB port with the El wire is the best option.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:29 PM
In regards to the humming noise, it was more pronounced when I used the cigarette lighter controller(probably because of higher voltage). With the USB, it's not noticeable, especially with the engine on.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:35 PM
The Y splitter is already included if you order from my first ebay link.