Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air suspension compressor - cold weather option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 09:11 AM
skiracer13 is on a distinguished road
Air suspension compressor - cold weather option

After 10k miles of ownership my 2010 PTT experienced its first failure of the air suspension compressor after driving in blizzard conditions w/ single digit temps F.

My indy has sourced Porsche's 5th generation compressor and there's an option for cold weather temps for -13 deg F and below. As the cost of this option was less than 5% of the total bill I went for it for the added protection. Is this a new feature in the latest version, or did Porsche always charge extra to protect against low operating temps?

I'm quite surprised that Porsche developed a daily driver that wasn't tested to perform in moderately cold temperatures. I hope this fix is rather permanent as it wasn't any fun being stranded w/ the car resting on the bump stops!

Last edited by skiracer13; 01-25-2018 at 09:12 AM. Reason: missed line
Old 01-30-2018, 03:04 PM
skiracer13 is on a distinguished road
Got the car back today and it turns out the suspension air compressor that failed was the original - when I first got the car I called Porsche w/ the VIN and they indicated a recall activity had been performed on the compressor...

Anyway, my mechanic showed me the SW option successfully updating to support temps below -13 F so I hope it handles the cold much better now.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:31 AM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by skiracer13
Got the car back today and it turns out the suspension air compressor that failed was the original - when I first got the car I called Porsche w/ the VIN and they indicated a recall activity had been performed on the compressor...

Anyway, my mechanic showed me the SW option successfully updating to support temps below -13 F so I hope it handles the cold much better now.
I would be interested to see if they will cover the cost of the new compressor since it seems they didn't actually perform a recall on the unit. I'm so glad I don't have air suspension.