Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way to exit Panamera car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 10:15 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Best way to exit Panamera car

So here us an awkward question, what is the best technique to exit a Panamera?

I am asking because I am used to driving an SUV, a Cayenne.
Had the car for many years. Love it. But over last couple years had urge to get something extra special.
so about 3 weeks ago, got a Panamera TT.

Love everything about the car, but noticed that there are few efficjebt ways to get into the car, and exit, without extra silly maneuvers.
My PTT has spoet seats too, and another reason I am asking, it to help preserve seats condition over time.

So wanted to see, if there is a commonly accepted way to get in and out if the car.

my technique seens to be:

Entering:
Open door wide, put rigbt foot in onto floor near exit, then swivel body to left a bit, so that I kind of back into the car, and onto front seat, then swivel both feet into place.
This allows me to not sit on the sport seat adjustable left side cushion (one holding your tlleft thigh in place when drivi ng).

Exiting:
my exit technique is open door wide, swivel both feet over to left, over side of car, onto ground, then put my left hand on left side of seat, where the side air bag cover is, and lift my body up, then out of car. The only thing i see wrong with rhis is, that exiting puts my left thigh on the left side cushion.
I can see that few years of doing this, may affect quality of the left cushion on tbe sport seat.

Thank you.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:27 AM
riden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura about
I think your method is very reasonable. Not sure it can be improved. I recall discussions about side bolster protectors for the 991 models, on Rennlist. The same company may have some that works for the Panamera.
Raising the suspension to high level before turning off the engine may help incrementally, if your legs are longish.

Old 05-19-2018, 10:47 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I will look for some of those discussions. Was asking because I can see the driver side seat, left side of it, over time getting worn ad creased.
My seats are in immaculate condition now, trying to preserve their condition.

Old 05-19-2018, 01:23 PM
orangeokie is an unknown quantity at this point
I just cover the rear part of the front door sill with my hand so it doesn't jab me in the left kidney each time I "free-fall" into the front seat!

Old 05-19-2018, 01:51 PM
knowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura about
ciaka, I love your post and I mean this with all due respect and in good humor, but ................. first world problems!

Old 05-19-2018, 02:45 PM
Lol.
what i do is use my right hand to grab onto trim on doors, near the mirror, then slide myself in back first into the seat. This way nothing stabs me.