Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDCC reservoir replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 08:08 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
PDCC reservoir replacement

I have been reading about the need to replace the PDCC reservoir for Panamera (on models with the said option).
Should be done at 60k miles.
Since reservoir has a built in filter module that cannot be removed/replaced, entire tank needs replacement.

Have seen folks say its a real PITA to do. Started looking closer and found this photo of the tank itself. Somehow it does not appear to be difficult. There are 3 lines going to the tank.
Just guessing, if I was to remove driver front wheel and lining, I can get to that side. Then I could siphon out the fluid, protect the area with rags, etc, disconnect the 3 lines, and change the tank with a new one.

Anyone comment on the above, whether I am missing something?
Other folks were saying you have to remove the (serpentine?) belt, to get the tank out. I somehow do not see the need unless you are changing the lines too (unnecessary IMO, as I think they are metal).

Thanks for input. Below is pic of a new tank, showing where the 3 lines connect to it.

Attached Images  
Old 06-26-2018, 08:35 AM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
I have replaced the PDCC & power steering reservoir (with 3 hose connections & 1 sensor that is underneath). The power steering only reservoir has two hose connections & 1 sensor. It is not necessary to remove the wheel liner nor the serpentine belt. You will need some proper
hose clamp pliers hose clamp pliers
, because they are at an awkward angle, particularly the pliers with the cable extension and couple of the other pliers were usefull. There may be a plastic hose adjacent that has to be disconnected (1st photo - GTS & Turbo?) and the rubber gasket along the fender has to be lifted out of the way. Two bolts at the top of the reservoir has to be unbolted, access to the forward bolt is tight (2nd photo). Only needed 1 liter of fluid.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:07 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Great to hear. Looks like should be fairly straight forward.
How did you drain the oil so it does not spill when you disconnect the lines?

Does my plan of siphoning out oil sound fine? Trying to get the thing done without having to spill the oil inside the compartment.

From what I saw, the tank itself is about $150 shipped. Others quoted dealer replace cost of about $800. What a difference.

Thanks again.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:26 AM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
Yes, siphon the old fluid first. I used a turkey baster and covered the fender area. It will be unavoidable that the fluid will make a mess when you disconnect the hoses on the bottom. I stuffed a bunch of towels under and around the area. Rinse the area with low pressure water when done.

The hose remover pliers made it easy separating the hoses from the tank. I forget if the electrical connection was a quarter turn or a clip that you have to squeeze.

Note that I did not flush the rest of the fluid, thus only 1 liter of fluid for the refill.

Yes, if you were able to DIY the spark plugs, you can certainly do this.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:10 PM
daviper1595 is an unknown quantity at this point
Could someone please post the part # for the reservoir replacement?

Old 06-26-2018, 01:53 PM
What model year? Do you have PDCC? The PDCC ("with dynamic chassis control") & power steering reservoir is black as pictured above. Power steering only reservoir is white/clear, I believe. Listed under "Steering" - "Pumps & Hoses" for 970.1... don't know if same for 970.2.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:02 PM
2013 Panamera GTS with PDCC

Old 06-26-2018, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by dudecs
What model year? Do you have PDCC? The PDCC ("with dynamic chassis control") & power steering reservoir is black as pictured above. Power steering only reservoir is white/clear, I believe. Listed under "Steering" - "Pumps & Hoses" for 970.1... don't know if same for 970.2.

Awesome - thank you for the help!

Old 06-26-2018, 02:36 PM
Is there a part # for the fluid we should use to refill?

Old 06-26-2018, 02:39 PM
Pentosin CHF202 Pentosin CHF202
is the equivalent.

Old 06-26-2018, 03:19 PM
riden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura about
Does the dealer service include draining or flushing out all the old fluid, not just the reservoir. If they do, that might explain some of inflated cost.

Old 06-26-2018, 03:38 PM
The service schedule only calls for replacement of the reservoir. Flushing the power steering fluid requires two people, more involved and several additional liters of fluid. The steering needs to be operated and cannot let it run dry... possible damage.

$800 is probably only for the replacement, but definitely on the high side. Inflated cost for parts & supplies ($200 to $250) and high labor rates?

Old 06-26-2018, 07:29 PM
Go to your local NAPA auto store. They sell it at good price.
The part nunmber - 970 359 071 01 - is the latest part number for PDCC reservoir (black). The non PDCC tank is light/translucent in color.

Pentosin CHF202 is the equivalent.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:31 PM
Thats why folks can do these DIY, post the instructions for others to do, and spread the word. Why pay $800 when you can spend $150 plus some time, and you KNOW it was done correctly.

The service schedule only calls for replacement of the reservoir. Flushing the power steering fluid requires two people, more involved and several additional liters of fluid. The steering needs to be operated and cannot let it run dry... possible damage.

$800 is probably only for the replacement, but definitely on the high side. Inflated cost for parts & supplies ($200 to $250) and high labor rates?

Old 06-27-2018, 04:04 PM
negb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ciaka
Go to your local NAPA auto store. They sell it at good price.
The part nunmber - 97035907101 - is the latest part number for PDCC reservoir (black). The non PDCC tank is light/translucent in color.
yes, that's correct, PDCC/Power Steering Oil Tank - 110.14eur - p/n 97035907101.

Somehow at first place I've got p/n 95531401520 (as per 'dudecs' post - for some reason was called ''PDCC Reservoir'' - 47.88eur which of course was wrong part, even using VIN number..... still laying on the shelf, f*** !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PDCC reservoir replacement