Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled the Trigger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 09:10 AM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
Talking Pulled the Trigger

Just bought a 2010 Panamera 4S with 56k on the clock, nicely loaded - heated/vented seats front/rear, 4 zone AC (important for the monkey), Sport Chrono, Sport exhaust, Air suspension, Adaptive Cruise, parking sensors (but no camera )
Burmester!

White, will start the process of hiding the chrome and giving it the Storm-Trooper look (thanks for the term FLO1989 - daughter loves the idea) as soon as I get it, will be deliver around the 14th, earliest I could get an enclosed delivery, car is coming up from AZ.

now the hard part - waiting

Old 06-29-2018, 10:18 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
OH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Now you've done it! Will never buy another car type again.
Just kidding! Great choice. Dont worry about the camera. I have it but always like to actually look as opposed to trust camera. Plus to be sure you always 'want' to take a peek as you back up anyway.
Your monkey will love the 4 zone ac too.

ENJOY!

Old 06-29-2018, 11:47 AM
Thanks,
I'm use to backing up without the camera, so when I do use it in my wife's Jeep I don't use it 100%, but it a nice to be able to "See" into the parking lot when backing out of a space to make sure there are no cars coming - you know the A-hat that speeds in the lot....

If I get the urge I might throw something in later..

The 4 zone was a "Must have" once my daughter saw a picture of a Panamera with it :-)

Surprising and frustrating to see how many Panameras don't have any amenities for the backseat passengers - I mean come on, you're buying a 4 seat Porsche, if you don't want passengers buy a 911 or Cayman :-)

Old 06-29-2018, 01:01 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
agree. I have the 4zone too and love the look with it. Plus used to it from my CTT, and family was used to it as well. So it was almost a must.
Great. Now, go drive this thing and have fun.
Remember, if you speed and there is no cop to see you, it's not breaking the law...

Old 06-29-2018, 01:18 PM
tallpaul is on a distinguished road
Sweet! Welcome to the "club". I've not regretted my decision one bit. Plus, I'm excited there appears to be a new generation of owners like me who are more interested in working on the cars ourselves, which means good info!

Old 06-29-2018, 02:24 PM
Thanks tallpaul,

yeah, I think us second generation users tend to be more in the "hands on" mode - and it is definitely a case of more the merrier :-)

a couple of the guys have set the bar pretty high, but I hope to be able to contribute

Old 06-29-2018, 02:45 PM
tallpaul is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DogWood
Thanks tallpaul,

yeah, I think us second generation users tend to be more in the "hands on" mode - and it is definitely a case of more the merrier :-)

a couple of the guys have set the bar pretty high, but I hope to be able to contribute
I'm definitely glad. I was almost worried about how few people wrenched on their own cars at first. But I am finding, these are great garage mechanic vehicles (other than parts sometimes being pricey).

Old 06-29-2018, 02:49 PM
true the parts to fix it can really hurt to buy, but that's been true for all my Porsches :-) (and my Dad constantly complained about the part prices for his Opel in the 70's - think I would have learned :-)

Old 06-29-2018, 04:20 PM
Having worked on my CTT and now on the PTT, I can attest, these cars are awesome to work on.
Compared to some Jap cars I owned in the past, this is a breeze.
Plus once you do it, you know it is done correctly - the first time around.

Yes, the more DIYs people write the better for entire community.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:12 PM
looks like my car will be here a little early, should have it tomorrow afternoon :-)

Old 07-12-2018, 07:09 AM
Perfect reason to call in sick to work, then go for a nice joy ride.
Test it all out, right?

Old 07-12-2018, 11:08 PM
big blue Santa bearing presents :-)

Old 07-12-2018, 11:15 PM
Read those manuals. Very useful. Excellent.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by ciaka
Read those manuals. Very useful. Excellent.
currently in manual overload - my god they are thick

Old 07-14-2018, 01:31 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Congrats, great choice! I hear ya about the manuals I’ve been reading up on a few things myself.
I also found the Good To Know Porsche App where you’ll find interactive pictures of the interior and some useful tips and videos.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled the Trigger