Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled the Trigger

Old 06-29-2018, 09:10 AM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
Talking Pulled the Trigger

Just bought a 2010 Panamera 4S with 56k on the clock, nicely loaded - heated/vented seats front/rear, 4 zone AC (important for the monkey), Sport Chrono, Sport exhaust, Air suspension, Adaptive Cruise, parking sensors (but no camera )
Burmester!

White, will start the process of hiding the chrome and giving it the Storm-Trooper look (thanks for the term FLO1989 - daughter loves the idea) as soon as I get it, will be deliver around the 14th, earliest I could get an enclosed delivery, car is coming up from AZ.

now the hard part - waiting

Old 06-29-2018, 10:18 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
OH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Now you've done it! Will never buy another car type again.
Just kidding! Great choice. Dont worry about the camera. I have it but always like to actually look as opposed to trust camera. Plus to be sure you always 'want' to take a peek as you back up anyway.
Your monkey will love the 4 zone ac too.

ENJOY!

Old 06-29-2018, 11:47 AM
Thanks,
I'm use to backing up without the camera, so when I do use it in my wife's Jeep I don't use it 100%, but it a nice to be able to "See" into the parking lot when backing out of a space to make sure there are no cars coming - you know the A-hat that speeds in the lot....

If I get the urge I might throw something in later..

The 4 zone was a "Must have" once my daughter saw a picture of a Panamera with it :-)

Surprising and frustrating to see how many Panameras don't have any amenities for the backseat passengers - I mean come on, you're buying a 4 seat Porsche, if you don't want passengers buy a 911 or Cayman :-)

Old 06-29-2018, 01:01 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
agree. I have the 4zone too and love the look with it. Plus used to it from my CTT, and family was used to it as well. So it was almost a must.
Great. Now, go drive this thing and have fun.
Remember, if you speed and there is no cop to see you, it's not breaking the law...

Old 06-29-2018, 01:18 PM
tallpaul is on a distinguished road
Sweet! Welcome to the "club". I've not regretted my decision one bit. Plus, I'm excited there appears to be a new generation of owners like me who are more interested in working on the cars ourselves, which means good info!

Old 06-29-2018, 02:24 PM
Thanks tallpaul,

yeah, I think us second generation users tend to be more in the "hands on" mode - and it is definitely a case of more the merrier :-)

a couple of the guys have set the bar pretty high, but I hope to be able to contribute

Old 06-29-2018, 02:45 PM
tallpaul is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DogWood
Thanks tallpaul,

yeah, I think us second generation users tend to be more in the "hands on" mode - and it is definitely a case of more the merrier :-)

a couple of the guys have set the bar pretty high, but I hope to be able to contribute
I'm definitely glad. I was almost worried about how few people wrenched on their own cars at first. But I am finding, these are great garage mechanic vehicles (other than parts sometimes being pricey).

Old 06-29-2018, 02:49 PM
true the parts to fix it can really hurt to buy, but that's been true for all my Porsches :-) (and my Dad constantly complained about the part prices for his Opel in the 70's - think I would have learned :-)

Old 06-29-2018, 04:20 PM
Having worked on my CTT and now on the PTT, I can attest, these cars are awesome to work on.
Compared to some Jap cars I owned in the past, this is a breeze.
Plus once you do it, you know it is done correctly - the first time around.

Yes, the more DIYs people write the better for entire community.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:12 PM
looks like my car will be here a little early, should have it tomorrow afternoon :-)

Old 07-12-2018, 07:09 AM
Perfect reason to call in sick to work, then go for a nice joy ride.
Test it all out, right?

Old 07-12-2018, 11:08 PM
big blue Santa bearing presents :-)

Old 07-12-2018, 11:15 PM
Read those manuals. Very useful. Excellent.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by ciaka
Read those manuals. Very useful. Excellent.
currently in manual overload - my god they are thick

Old 07-14-2018, 01:31 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Congrats, great choice! I hear ya about the manuals I’ve been reading up on a few things myself.
I also found the Good To Know Porsche App where you’ll find interactive pictures of the interior and some useful tips and videos.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled the Trigger