Sponsored by:

2014-2016 Panamera S e-Hybrid Maintenance Data

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 09:02 AM
Emerging Sponsor
atwong1 will become famous soon enough
Thanks Maxime75us for sharing.

Does anyone know how often do we change the supercharger belt?

Old 03-09-2019, 09:57 AM
blakey1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Supercharger belt

Thanks for sharing about the battery. I’m sure I’ll have that sooner or later.

I think the super charger belt belt is supposed to be swapped out every 60k miles.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:53 AM
Kayvan1347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Or 6 years. Whichever comes forst.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:20 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Maxime75us
The supercharger belt is so easy to change. Get the special wrench that you can rent at autopart store. Look for a good video youtube that shows how to swap it. so easy to do. and you have plenty of room to do it from the above. 5 minutes job.
I am serious
if you do have a link to show how to replace the belt, please send it out. many thanks.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:19 AM
Kayvan1347 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was wondering if we really need to replace the belt evi6 years. I just had my car serviced at a private shop and it was 6 yeas at 60k. The mechanic check the belt and he said the belt is really in good condition and no need to change it. He said We can check it every year.

Old 04-02-2019, 12:07 AM
Emerging Sponsor
Originally Posted by Kayvan1347
I was wondering if we really need to replace the belt evi6 years. I just had my car serviced at a private shop and it was 6 yeas at 60k. The mechanic check the belt and he said the belt is really in good condition and no need to change it. He said We can check it every year.
I would not listen to the mechanic. I would change mine. The reason is that belt is so cheap, but if it breaks, things that may break due to that are so expensive. Plus by not changing it, and if it ever breaks while I was driving hard for just one second, and breaks anything, I will not be able to sleep. Porsche is a full blown sports car dressed in a sedan outfit, which can easily be proved by simply flooring the accelerator or throw a corner at high speed, or take it to a track and find out. Panamera is a four door sports car, not a real sedan. Every molecule inside spells sports car. Since it's not really a sedan under the Porsche shield, do not treat it like one in any aspect.

There are some other "sports cars" in which the "sports" ends between the motor and the transmission. You floor the accelerator and engine will give you a lot of acceleration while the car begins to fall apart, and as expected, those "sports cars" were never able to finish endurance races without at least a few time consuming repairs, that is, if they even finish. We know from racing results over the past 70 years that Porsche don't build partial sports cars. For this reason, I respect their engineering calculations and therefore fully trust their maintenance schedule.

Last edited by atwong1; 04-02-2019 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:25 AM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by atwong1
I would not listen to the mechanic. I would change mine. The reason is that belt is so cheap, but if it breaks, things that may break due to that are so expensive. P.
I fully agree with you atwong1. I go by the recommended service schedule. How hard to replace the belt DIY? my car 2016 I probably need to do it in 2022, 6 yrs or 60K miles. LOL ...

Old 04-02-2019, 01:07 AM
Emerging Sponsor
Inpection guide is here: B thru G needs replacement. A is acceptable to continue use.

To remove and replace, try this:

I think it also mention about some use of an a/f 30 clutch driver. to perform the above.

If you accidentally loosen the wrong bolt or screw, here are the torque specs:

Old 04-02-2019, 11:29 PM
thank you for your pictures. Don't know what it means. But the torque for all is 24ftlb.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:20 AM
Emerging Sponsor
Originally Posted by dougcayenne
thank you for your pictures. Don't know what it means. But the torque for all is 24ftlb.
I am Chinese, but my technical language is limited because I learned engineering in the U.S. I have asked a local mechanic about what those are, and he said basically all the unnumbered bolts in the picture are supposed to be torqued at 24ft/lb. For those of us who don't use torque wrench every day, please be sure to calibrate your torque wrench every six months.

Last edited by atwong1; 04-03-2019 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:13 PM
Thank you atwong1. all of the bolts have same torque. Good to know.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:48 PM
Emerging Sponsor
Originally Posted by dougcayenne
Thank you atwong1. all of the bolts have same torque. Good to know.
And these are only for the bolts on the pulleys and torque values are before belt installation.

Old 05-23-2019, 01:06 PM
blakey1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tires

What’s everyone’s experience with tires. I had a new set of rears out on when I purchased the vehicle. Put on Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/35 R20s. They are the all-seasons.

After 7,000 miles of regular daily driving they are toast already. Tire Rack has the treadlife warranty listed as 45,000 then that halved if tires are staggered setup which I have. So I should’ve gotten ~22,500 out of them. Haven’t tried a warranty claim yet.

Wanted to to see if anyone else had similar issues or could recommend a tire that might last longer. A grand on tires every 6 months or so seems a little excessive.

I might have to switch switch to a dedicated summer/winter set up to help.

Old 05-23-2019, 01:59 PM
Don't step on gas pedal so hard when you are in e-power mode. LOL ... I have 2016 Pan Hybrid, 28.5 Kmiles. the Michelin 4 season rear tires are down to 85%. The front tires are about 70%. So I need to replace them all at 30K miles next month. $1.7K michelin 20" from American tires for 4.

Old 12-08-2019, 02:02 PM
cbwinters01 is on a distinguished road
Every 2 year maint: change brake fluid for clutch?

Wondering if anyone with the s e-hybrid has performed the "every 2 years change brake fluid for clutch; perform test and adaptation"? If so, how difficult did you find it? It seems the test and adaptation is the complicated part...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2014-2016 Panamera S e-Hybrid Maintenance Data