Sponsored by:

2014-2016 Panamera S e-Hybrid Maintenance Data

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 05:01 PM
SlowButSteady is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by atwong1
Dipstick - Audi OEM 06E115611H
I strongly recommend the dipstick as a backup second opinion due to many reports of oil level sensor failure during long trips where people repeatedly overfill, which causes head gasket failure in the long run.
Does the dipstick need replacement? What's wrong with the existing one?

Thanks in advance

Old 01-29-2020, 08:24 AM
Kayvan1347 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SlowButSteady
Does the dipstick need replacement? What's wrong with the existing one?

Thanks in advance
I don’t think a dipstick comes with the car. So we need to get one.

Old 06-21-2020, 10:26 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
I have 2016 Pan SHE, I drove to LA from SF this weekend to visit my 88 years old parents. I have Low Oil indicator - bottom no bar message after 350 miles. I was socked, i did use the Dipstick to check my oil level when I did the oil change earlier this year before Covid19. I have no leak. Fill 1/2 Quart, I have overfill message, drove 50 miles home today. Stop at Grapevine, max message was on. Dove to Harris range, Min message popped up no bar. I got home, i check the oil with diptick. the oil is at MAX due to 1/2 Q fill earlier. Per Art message " oil level sensor failure during the long trips". Without Dipstcik I would not know the oil level. Dipstick is a MUST for Pan SHE.

the car was at Porsche dealer last month due to air conditioning and engine light issue. There was a recall on this problem. After they updated the SW, fix the AC and engine light.
This weekend I will check the underneath and remove the pan to make sure I have no leak, and take some out. I will bring the car back Porsche Fremont to fix this issue. The car is still under warranty.

Old 06-24-2020, 10:35 PM
Emerging Sponsor
atwong1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dougcayenne
I have 2016 Pan SHE, I drove to LA from SF this weekend to visit my 88 years old parents. I have Low Oil indicator - bottom no bar message after 350 miles. I was socked, i did use the Dipstick to check my oil level when I did the oil change earlier this year before Covid19. I have no leak. Fill 1/2 Quart, I have overfill message, drove 50 miles home today. Stop at Grapevine, max message was on. Dove to Harris range, Min message popped up no bar. I got home, i check the oil with diptick. the oil is at MAX due to 1/2 Q fill earlier. Per Art message " oil level sensor failure during the long trips". Without Dipstcik I would not know the oil level. Dipstick is a MUST for Pan SHE.

the car was at Porsche dealer last month due to air conditioning and engine light issue. There was a recall on this problem. After they updated the SW, fix the AC and engine light.
This weekend I will check the underneath and remove the pan to make sure I have no leak, and take some out. I will bring the car back Porsche Fremont to fix this issue. The car is still under warranty.
All eHybrid owners, please do me a favor and get the dipstick.

Last edited by atwong1; 04-09-2021 at 06:13 AM.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:44 PM
Emerging Sponsor
Originally Posted by dougcayenne
Don't step on gas pedal so hard when you are in e-power mode. LOL ... I have 2016 Pan Hybrid, 28.5 Kmiles. the Michelin 4 season rear tires are down to 85%. The front tires are about 70%. So I need to replace them all at 30K miles next month. $1.7K michelin 20" from American tires for 4.
TireRack has the best price for tires, like $1300 for four michelin 20" shipped. For mounting, I have a friend Bryan who manages Midas in Alpharetta, GA. Just tell him that I sent you and install tires with balancing and disposal all for $20 per tire. Bryan is also very knowledge about cars. I knew him for 20 years. I sent all friends to him.

Old 07-18-2020, 10:54 AM
cbwinters01 is infamous around these parts
Hey Doug, did you have this checked out by the dealer? 2016 PSEH, I just did a 1200 mile trip, sometimes at some higher speeds, and got a "down one quart of oil, but can continue to drive" message, towards the end of my trip. The dipstick shows that oil is almost at max vs. digital read that says slightly below min.

Old 07-18-2020, 01:08 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Brough the car into Porsche dealer after 2 day having Cayenne coupe loaner, they told me they calibrate the sensor and we are good. LOL ...

Old 12-15-2020, 01:38 PM
tlk
tlk is infamous around these parts
I had my 16 e-hybrid at the dealer for the 4 year (over priced) service and they completed everything as I had expected but did not replace the engine filter. Based on all I have read it needs to be changed every 4 years. When I ask why they did not do it they said that with the e-hybrid it does not need to be done for 8 year/80,000 miles. Has anyone else heard such a thing? Mine currently has 24K.

Old 12-15-2020, 02:43 PM
If you have 24K miles, you don't need to replace the engine air filter, that requires to remove the front bumper. my car is 40K miles, I will replace it later in the summer.

Old 12-15-2020, 09:13 PM
Maxime75us is infamous around these parts
Hi All,
I cant find anymore the information about the Hybrid battery pack warranty?
How many years?

Thank you

Old 12-16-2020, 08:47 PM
sunnyc123abc is infamous around these parts
Battery pack warranty is 8 years, 100k miles. I was able to get Porsche to do a good will warranty for me on my 2012 Panamera s hybrid. It had 112k miles on it when I contacted them. After the dealer checked out the cars battery pack, Porsche said there wasn't enough wrong with the battery pack to change it. During the summer the battery would drain so quickly that the car would stall when trying to start back up from auto start/stop.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:08 PM
papito106 is infamous around these parts
Performance upgrades

Greetings,
Has anyone attempted to flash ECU for better performance? I have seen this being offered by a few companies but would like some feedback before doing anything with the ECU. I currently own a 2015 PSeH located in US/FL. Thanks

Old 01-03-2021, 10:58 PM
Max Varga has a spectacular aura aboutMax Varga has a spectacular aura aboutMax Varga has a spectacular aura about
I did it myself with the tool and software ordered from VR tuned. Big improvements in gear shifting, throttle response and additional power. Battery usage is higher and average gas consumption is somewhat higher.

Old 01-14-2021, 09:42 AM
Emerging Sponsor
For tires, cheapest route is to get OEM spec tires from Tirerack.com and take them to a local trusted shop to have them installed. Be sure to let a Porsche Service Center or any shop that has a Certified Porsche Mechanic to perform your alignment after each tire change. Most other shops will not follow procedures to the highest standards and will therefore cause damage to suspension in the long run.
It is very important to ensure that you get the N rated tires, i.e. N0, N1, etc. Porsche suspensions are design in conjunction with the stiffness of the sidewall they specified. When the shocks compresses, the tires should compress together as one system, so that you can maintain the grip when accelerating, cornering, or just going over bumps, as designed. If the tires compress at a higher or lower ratio, your Porsche will drive like it has defective or broken suspensions. For the best results in terms of safety and reliability, OEM tires are always the choice, not only for Porsche vehicles, but vehicles of all makes.

Last edited by atwong1; 04-17-2021 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:26 AM
chine61 is infamous around these parts
Oil capacity

Hi guys and thanks flr all that anazing info on how to take care of our panameras. So I've been googling for the oil capacity of my 2014 e hybrid. Is it 6.75 liters? Just want to be sure I don't over fill. Thanks in advance

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2014-2016 Panamera S e-Hybrid Maintenance Data