Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any 2018 Panamera Buying Advice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 09:18 AM
mkerdman is on a distinguished road
Any 2019 Panamera Buying Advice?

Longtime lurker, rare poster and proud owner of a 27,500 mile 2002 Carrera 4 Cabriolet.
I have been thinking about Buying/Leasing a New 2018 Panamera.
I gave some thought to shopping for a 2018 CPO or In-Warranty Used one too.
I would either get a Base Model or a 4S.

How would you spec it out?

Last edited by mkerdman; 09-03-2018 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Wrong Year
Old 09-03-2018, 01:54 PM
knowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura about
Well if you order one now it will be a 2019 model.

As far as spec'ing it out, you can spend hours going through the options list on their website ( I did when ordering my wife's Panamera 4 a year ago).

My my advice on options is -

1- The InnoDrive is OK, but was somewhat of a disappointment.
2- Don't get the 19" wheels as Goodyear makes the only tire that will fit, and it's not all season. There are two winter tires available.
3- The surround view parking is worth it's weight in gold.

Old 09-03-2018, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by knowspin

As far as spec'ing it out, you can spend hours going through the options list on their website ( I did when ordering my wife's Panamera 4 a year ago).

2- Don't get the 19" wheels as Goodyear makes the only tire that will fit, and it's not all season. There are two winter tires available.

What is the 2019 Panamera delivery date?

Last edited by mkerdman; 09-03-2018 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Wrong Year
Old 09-03-2018, 03:40 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !

19 s have all season options...
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiProC ontact&frontTire=545VR9CPCN1&rearTire=84VR9CPCN1&v ehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Porsch e&autoYear=2015&autoModel=Panamera%204&autoModClar =Standard%20Brakes

Edit, It has changed from 2015 to 2018 I see. So no 19 s. Strange. I just bought a set but wrong year for you.

Last edited by cerbomark; 09-03-2018 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:51 PM
knowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura about
You got me excited there for a second Mark! I am figuring at some point some manufacturer will make an all season in that size. I have read reviews that the Michelin winter tire is so good it can be used all year. I may consider that an option.

As for the delivery date, check with your dealer. We ordered my wife's car in late July 2017 and were told a delivery date in January 2018. The car arrived in December and we picked it up on the 22nd. The dealer had it parked out front with a huge red ribbon on the roof of the car, very nice touch. My wife loved it. And as they say, happy wife .......

Old 09-04-2018, 06:11 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I would assume those tires sizes will become available at some point. Don t want to hijack this thread but there are reason not to do the winter tires all summer as a solution.
Back on point, buying new you would have to consider tire choices for sure knowing no all seasons in that size right now.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:50 PM
cometguy is an unknown quantity at this point

(1) The Adaptive Cruise Control is superior. I ordered it and can't imagine living without it for trips out of town. I ended up getting the Driver Assistance Package because I wanted both the ACC and the night-vision infrared camera, and InnoDrive was part of that (it was cheaper getting the package than ordering ACC and night vision separately). I don't use InnoDrive but ACC is really a life-saver, literally and figuratively. After 13k miles and half a year with it, I'd certainly get both the ACC and infrared camera again and again and again. I think that the LCA (blind-spot monitor) also is part of this package, though I may be wrong on this; I ordered LCA anyway and wouldn't have a car without it. (And don't get me started on how things like ACC and LCA are standard on many cars half or a third the price of a Panamera!)

(2) This is wrong. Goodyear tires came with my 19-inch wheels but you can get Michelin Sport Plus "all-season" tires, which I also had on my 19-inch 2015 Panamera wheels, and which I ordered and got for my extra full-size 19-inch spare for my 2018 Panamera. When my Goodyears get low on tread, I'll get four new Michelins for my car. I'd never get larger than 19-inch wheels because they are less safe and more prone to blow-outs, and because they don't give as good a ride. In fact, I'd go for 18-inch wheels if they were an option. (I don't get winter tires and instead use my AWD Volvo for winter driving, keeping my Panamera garaged in bad winter weather.)

(3) I didn't get the surround camera, an area I chose to save money, and I don't miss it. I can park the car just fine with its great wide-angle rear camera and the swivel-down right-passenger-side mirror when the car is in reverse.

Other than exterior and interior color options, to keep my costs down in my special-order E-Hybrid Sport Turismo, I only ordered PDLS to get superior night lighting and the 14-way memory seats to get lumbar support for my ailing back -- both of which I recommend also. Two options that I pondered for a long time but decided against were the ambient lighting package (which I don't really miss) and the soft-close doors (which I had on my 2015 Panamera and which I do miss, because these doors don't close very easily, and they drive my wife crazy -- she gets the passenger door closed tightly only about half the time).

Last edited by cometguy; 09-25-2018 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by cometguy
(1) The Adaptive Cruise Control is superior. I ordered it and can't imagine living without it for trips out of town. I ended up getting the Driver Assistance Package because I wanted both the ACC and the night-vision infrared camera, and InnoDrive was part of that (it was cheaper getting the package than ordering ACC and night vision separately). I don't use InnoDrive but ACC is really a life-saver, literally and figuratively. After 13k miles and half a year with it, I'd certainly get both the ACC and infrared camera again and again and again. I think that the LCA (blind-spot monitor) also is part of this package, though I may be wrong on this; I ordered LCA anyway and wouldn't have a car without it. (And don't get me started on how things like ACC and LCA are standard on many cars half or a third the price of a Panamera!)

(2) This is wrong. Goodyear tires came with my 19-inch wheels but you can get Michelin Sport Plus tires, which I also had on my 19-inch 2015 Panamera wheels, and which I ordered and got for my extra full-size 19-inch spare for my 2018 Panamera. When my Goodyears get low on tread, I'll get four new Michelins for my car. I'd never get larger than 19-inch wheels because they are less safe and more prone to blow-outs, and because they don't give as good a ride. In fact, I'd go for 18-inch wheels if they were an option.

(3) I didn't get the surround camera, an area I chose to save money, and I don't miss it. I can park the car just fine with its great wide-angle rear camera and the swivel-down right-passenger-side mirror when the car is in reverse.

Other than exterior and interior color options, to keep my costs down in my special-order E-Hybrid Sport Turismo, I only ordered PDLS to get superior night lighting and the 14-way memory seats to get lumbar support for my ailing back -- both of which I recommend also. Two options that I pondered for a long time but decided against were the ambient lighting package (which I don't really miss) and the soft-close doors (which I had on my 2015 Panamera and which I do miss, because these doors don't close very easily, and they drive my wife crazy -- she gets the passenger door closed tightly only about half the time).
Thanks for your time and insights.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by cometguy
(2) This is wrong. Goodyear tires came with my 19-inch wheels but you can get Michelin Sport Plus "all-season" tires

(3) I didn't get the surround camera, an area I chose to save money, and I don't miss it. I can park the car just fine with its great wide-angle rear camera and the swivel-down right-passenger-side mirror when the car is in reverse..
I think you are right about the tires. I had looked several times on Tire Rack by just plugging in the vehicle specifics and only Goodyear came up. Now I see Pirelli also comes up, but not Michelin. However, when I enter the specific tire size, the Michelin Pilot Sport is available in that size, but then there is a notice stating, "This tire isn't available for your 2018 Porsche Panamera 4 Standard Brakes." So I'm not sure, but if the tires are the same size, I can't see why they couldn't be fitted on the Panamera 4. Unfortunately they are max performance summer tires and not all season.

I think the surround camera is well worth the money. The front camera shows just how close you are coming to those concrete wheel stops that you can't see otherwise. I'd give anything to have it on my Ferrari which sits really low. Even the side view cameras can be helpful of occasion, but the front view is worth its weight in gold. It's not an option I would skip.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:02 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
My advice? Buy it, give it to me.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:54 PM
LimitlessJ is an unknown quantity at this point
2018 Porsche Panamera still under Warranty.