Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil extractor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 06:36 PM
cbwinters01 is on a distinguished road
oil extractor?

After doing the first oil change on my 2016 pseh today, wondering if there is a better way to do this than the standard drain through oil plug since the v6 has the oil filter up top. in the online Porsche instructions for the oil change, it mentions two ways to go at it: 1)drain out oil plug or 2)use an oil extractor to suck it out.
It may make sense to go with the oil extractor since (as noted) the oil filter is up top in the engine bay...a lot of time is wasted removing all of the screws in the under-body cover.
Anyone using an oil extractor on their Panamera?
Thanks,
cw

Old 12-31-2018, 05:23 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I ve used this before on Mercedes as they had a dip stick to go thru. The only issue with what you mention is will the extractor tube going into the filter port hit the bottom of oil pan. If this is a long term plan for you I would try the extractor and then after you feel it s drained remove the plug and see what if anything comes out.
FYI, My 2015 v6 Pana had the filter on the bottom so I never tried this method.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:01 AM
cbwinters01 is on a distinguished road
Thank you for the response. The car does have a dipstick/tube as well, and the dipstick thankfully is fairly short and very straight. I mentioned the fact that the oil filter was up top since I know that most here have to get at it through the bottom. If i had to open up the bottom each time to get at the oil filter, it might not be worth going the oil extractor route.
As it is, after doing quite a bit of research on it, I went ahead and ordered one. Now I just need to wait another year to try it out...

Old 12-31-2018, 01:47 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Good, I d try going right down the dip stick tube. You ll feel it hit the bottom of the oil pan, hopefully.