Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 PANAMERA Hybrid, Amazing car with battery and ICE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 11:25 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
2016 PANAMERA Hybrid, Amazing car with battery and ICE

I just bought 2016 PANAMERA Hybrid with all options PDLS+, PP+, Closed door and many , except burmester system. I drove 844 miles, 13 hrs from Porsche bellevue to SF, stayed overnight at Hilton Eugene. Drove through heavy rain in Portland, the Panamera Hybrid is amazing car, can go anywhere without waiting for charging like Tesla S.
Average is 40 MPG. $88 for gas the whole trip, 19 gallons for the 844 miles. Drove at the speed by Washington, Oregon and California. So many police on the freeway, I can't afford to get a ticket.
Here is my observation.
1. ICE and Battery operation switch seamlessly.
2. Acceleration a little slower go up hill than my wife 2016 PAN4. If I do sport mode, a booster, I feel its quick acceleration
3. Handling is very much the same. PAN4 we can drive in snow at Sierra very well, except it is low, messing up the front bumper lip.
4. Hybrid is quieter than normal ICE.

Happy with my purchase. 2016 used Tesla 75D is $ more than 2016 PAN Hybrid. Porsche interior is nicer than Tesla.
I am the only Porsche on freeway surround by few Tesla X, LOL ...
Happy New Year.

Last edited by dougcayenne; 12-30-2018 at 11:27 PM. Reason: adding
Old 01-11-2019, 05:26 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
I like to update the Registration and VIN verification process at my local Bay area CA DMV after I got the 2016 PAN hybrid from Washington. I have to say, buying Porsche from Out of State is a little painful if you don't know what to expect. My 1st is LAST. It is best to work with your bank. In my case, we made a right call to go to our CEFCU credit union in the bay area. I would not recommend to do full CASH deal. The bank will protect me and their interest through the process.
1. BANK wants to see Title, and many paperwork. Sometime the title is not ready yet at Porsche dealer due to lease return. Even though, I bought the 2016 PAN Hybrid from Porsche Bellevue - authorized Porsche dealer - Autonation.
2. I have to pay tax in advance to Porsche for my CA - Santa Clara County. Tax calculation is not right higher, even though I will get a refund. Why do I want to pay extra 1st?
3. Most Porsche authorized dealer will not do registration for CA due to new law. CA does not allow dealer paper plate due to toll invader, and Out of State Dealer has no ability to generate the CA temp plate.
4. I have to make a trip to our Crazy DMV office through appointment and SMOG Test.
5. I did not know the Title from Washington to CA may take up to 60 days. My current CA temp registration is up to 60 days without extension. Hope, I will see the real license plate in March
6. The Porsche I bought from Out of State ought to be extraordinary with many options and GOOD deal. That is the case I get my 2016 PAN Hybrid.
7. Typically cost around $2K to transport the car to me. Please keep that in mind. I drove the car home with the cost of gas and 1 way ticket from SFO to Seattle.
Would I do it again? Not so sure ... definitely NO if the car is in East Coast ...

I really enjoy the PAN Hybrid ...