997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Ice, Ice Baby @ SharkWerks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 05:49 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Wink Ice, Ice Baby @ SharkWerks

This 2011 Turbo S was special ordered in "Ice Blue" color (one of my favorites from the 80s!) with a two tone interior as well. The first port of call for any Turbo car at SharkWerks usually entails a software upgrade in the form of the EVOMSit.

In she comes:

Straight over to the laptop:

While the new EVOMSit performance file is being created there's time to address a quick flaw:

That's better!

Uploading the new tune set for 91 octane:

Ready to go for a test drive:

It's always sunny in California:

Check out the wild interior:

It's a...

Another Turbo in the back waiting for surgery:

Old 05-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
The car looks great! What power increases do you expect?

Old 05-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts
One of the rare IBM Turbo Ses. So rare they made the folks ordering the color wait an extra 6 months and it was only available for one year.

Replaced with Ipanema Blue. Nothing says glamorous more then a slum of Rio de Janeiro...

Old 05-06-2011, 07:23 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Looks like you are uploading the file through the durametic. I thought you guys take the ECU out and bench flash?

Old 05-06-2011, 09:16 PM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
[quote=Tacet-Conundrum;3198046]One of the rare IBM Turbo Ses. So rare they made the folks ordering the color wait an extra 6 months and it was only available for one year.
quote]

Me being one of them . Definitely worth the wait.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:22 PM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
Great shots. This is only the second convertible IBM soft top I've seen on this forum. One yesterday and now this one. Nothing for ages and whammy.

BTW I have an IBM coupe with the same interior but I have the centrelocks. I'll be interested to see what power increase she will now have when the mods have finished.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:08 AM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts
[QUOTE=gerbs;3198177]
Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
One of the rare IBM Turbo Ses. So rare they made the folks ordering the color wait an extra 6 months and it was only available for one year.
quote]

Me being one of them . Definitely worth the wait.
I know how you feel. Sometimes I get giddy like a little school girl waiting for the next 911 Turbo.

I was fitted for a 997.2 at the 2009 LA Auto Show by a German Tequipment dudes. We spent about 90 minutes configure the car. For sure one of Ty highlights of 2009.

Can't wait to do it again, and then follow it up with Euro delivery. For sure going to be a ,"TRANS EUROPE EXPRESS"!

Old 05-07-2011, 06:45 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Nice, any more shots of that interior?
Gerbs, can you post some pics?
tia
c

Old 05-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Former Vendor
SpoolnV8 will become famous soon enough
Those seats look very nice!

Old 05-07-2011, 07:50 AM
tuki is on a distinguished road
That's gorgeous ! love the combo !

btw; Alex just received the stickers. Thanks a lot man !

Old 05-07-2011, 09:00 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Loving that color, only change would be to paint the seatbacks to match, especially since its a cab

Old 05-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Quantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dinorocz
Loving that color, only change would be to paint the seatbacks to match, especially since its a cab
+1, 100% agree with this

Old 05-07-2011, 12:15 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dinorocz
I love that color too. I wish it wasn't so bright out yesterday as my camera skills (or lack of) weren't up to the task. It really looks so good in person...
Originally Posted by tuki
That's gorgeous ! love the combo !

btw; Alex just received the stickers. Thanks a lot man !
Thanks and our pleasure on those Seriously it's so neat for us to have you represent us out there like that:P
Originally Posted by SpoolnV8
Those seats look very nice!
Yes sir they do!
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
tia
c
Hey Chris, I'll see what I can find sure
[QUOTE=Tacet-Conundrum;3198255]
Originally Posted by gerbs

I know how you feel. Sometimes I get giddy like a little school girl waiting for the next 911 Turbo.

I was fitted for a 997.2 at the 2009 LA Auto Show by a German Tequipment dudes. We spent about 90 minutes configure the car. For sure one of Ty highlights of 2009.

Can't wait to do it again, and then follow it up with Euro delivery. For sure going to be a ,"TRANS EUROPE EXPRESS"!
The Euro delivery is something else! Do it!

Originally Posted by gerbs
Great shots. This is only the second convertible IBM soft top I've seen on this forum. One yesterday and now this one. Nothing for ages and whammy.

BTW I have an IBM coupe with the same interior but I have the centrelocks. I'll be interested to see what power increase she will now have when the mods have finished.
Very cool indeed. Sorry I couldn't do it most justice as it was so bright outside. It's an amazing color in person.

Originally Posted by TT Chris
Looks like you are uploading the file through the durametic. I thought you guys take the ECU out and bench flash?
Hey TT Chris, no we're using the EVOMSit suite to upload/download. We can benchflash or OBDII it etc...

Originally Posted by Mini George
The car looks great! What power increases do you expect?
Thanks and EVOMSit software adds 60hp/65tq.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
tia
c
A few more:

Old 05-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
can we get a threat about that 996 turbo?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ice, Ice Baby @ SharkWerks