Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(Air suspension) Car tilted after 2-weeks storage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 07:42 PM
aquatone is an unknown quantity at this point
(Air suspension) Car tilted after 2-weeks storage?

Simple question for the hive mind... After about 2-weeks idle in the garage I backed my 2012 Turbo S out onto the driveway and noticed that the front right wheel arch was slightly down compared to the front left wheel arch. The car was noticeably tilted at an angle of a few degrees against the driveway surface. I thought it might be an air suspension problem emerging on the right/passenger side (I am at 73,000 miles) but there were no warnings on the dash and after driving a few miles everything had straightened up. The car seems perfectly level now when parked and driving. When I lock it I can hear the car settling as the air suspension lowers and it rises again when I start off again. Is this behavior normal after lengthy storage or perhaps a sign of something that may be starting to go wrong?

Old 01-27-2019, 08:22 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
My bet, your front shocks leaking air. Remove triangle covers, spray soapy water onto top of shocks, observe bubbles form, if leaking. If leaking, shock replacement necessary.
Have threads on pd and on replacement. Search and you shall receive.