Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My old itch starting to give me a hard time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 09:07 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
My old itch starting to give me a hard time

I used to ride bikes on track, sold them off before moving to Silicon Valley in CA for few years. Moved out back south after few years, and now getting the itch to get a bike again.
Wife sees no problem, except telling me I would have to get rid of the PTT to get the bike. Man, why do we have to choose one or the other.
Like the car too much to get rid of, lke bikes too much to not have. This one will be tough. lol

Old 02-07-2019, 09:30 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Wife is the problem. There is a compromise here. Maybe there's something reasonable she wants if the bike you want is reasonable, and you keep the PTT. Win-win.

Old 02-07-2019, 09:55 AM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
I feel your pain, did a lot of track days when I lived in Silicon Valley, sold off all the bikes and moved.
I'm deadening the itch a bit by riding a cheap trials bike(<$2500) - gets me my two wheeled fix and is very challenging, also I can do it in my backyard

Old 02-07-2019, 10:11 AM
blackduc238 is on a distinguished road
Track bikes are dirt cheap. I raced endurance for years and the cost comes down if you have people to share with. I have a 1198 that I track, bought it salvage title and its a beast. Was cheap (for what it is), you can get a great bike for pretty cheap and keep both.
Another selling point is to get a hitch for the car and you can tow the bike to the track and not have to get another vehicle!!

Old 02-07-2019, 10:44 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
My thoughts were to get back to the Yamaha YZF-R1M, which is an awesome bike. The recent versions of it go for about 19k, so not cheap.
I was kind of looking for something for the street, and have spare plastics for track, as to not mess up the glossy finish.
But yeah, I cannot seem to decide which way to go, no bike, nice bike, or track bike. Thats me I guess, cannot decide between these.
Have a friend at work that is all about get into sort bikes too. Already bought riding gear, but no bike. lol.
Wish Bill Gates was my uncle.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:19 AM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Decisions, decisions.....I tend to get what I want and ask for forgiveness later, so far I've gotten away with that the last 26 years.
Good luck, can't wait to see pics on the bike next to your PTT, I say you deserve both!

Old 02-07-2019, 01:59 PM
I love the smaller track bikes, would kill to get a nice KTM RC 390, I had a nice Aprilia RS 250 Cup bike for awhile, lots of fun and makes you earn the fast lap times

really old video uploaded back when codacs where crappy

Old 02-07-2019, 05:40 PM
Laguna is ine great track.
Ive been to COTA several times, those big tracks are great.

Old 02-07-2019, 05:52 PM
I really loved going to Thunderhill, there was only one corner where you had to worry about hitting anything if you completely blew the corner. Was also a fast sweeping track with some nice off camber corners to keep you honest.

Old 02-07-2019, 06:21 PM
this is occupying my thoughts lately. Never imagined it would come this quick...starting to be partial to red.

Old 02-07-2019, 06:24 PM
970gts is on a distinguished road
roof rack

If you're considering mounting bikes on a Panamera roof rack, there's one for sale on craigslist LA

Old 02-07-2019, 06:39 PM
THese bikes cannot go on the roof rack, lol.
Originally had Cayenne turbo. Then got Panamera turbo, intending to get rid of the CTT. Wife wanted to keep it.
So now I have both. CTT perfect for towing grack bikes. But I love the PTT, everything about it.
Maybe if I sell some guns and my scuba gear, I can swing it.
If anyone looking for full set of scuba gear, let me know. Wetsuits for 6'2" man. Full set including bags and less than 1 year old, choice quality stuff. Spent about 5K on it all.

Originally Posted by 970gts
If you're considering mounting bikes on a Panamera roof rack, there's one for sale on craigslist LA

Old 02-07-2019, 06:39 PM
The Red does look good, then again I might be a bit biased

Old 02-07-2019, 08:02 PM
That was my last bike...well, not really, had an R6 after and another R1.

Last edited by ciaka; 02-07-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:10 PM
I ended up trading the Falco for the RS 250 and a RS 50

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My old itch starting to give me a hard time