Notices
Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche

Front Park assist failure

Old 02-25-2019, 06:27 PM
rx7ven is an unknown quantity at this point
Front Park assist failure

Hi,
Cross posting from rennlist... i did a search and found very little information regarding this. the ones i did find are usually intermittent. mine seemed to just stopped dead. anyone had this happen to them? i'm out of warranty so just wondering if theres a quick and easy fix or something i can check. or if someone brought it in to repair, just wondering how much it would cost. i'm not very wrench savvy.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:31 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rx7ven View Post
Hi,
Cross posting from rennlist... i did a search and found very little information regarding this. the ones i did find are usually intermittent. mine seemed to just stopped dead. anyone had this happen to them? i'm out of warranty so just wondering if theres a quick and easy fix or something i can check. or if someone brought it in to repair, just wondering how much it would cost. i'm not very wrench savvy.

mine just started doing this too. I just got a icarsoft ODB diagnostic tool so I tested it out; it came back with right inner sensor open.
Iím going to have to wait until it gets warmer to take the bumper off and look. I think there was only one connector in series to the sensors so I assume if one goes, they all fault.

Let me know if you fix yours before me

Old 02-27-2019, 05:41 PM
tallpaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Haven't had the failure, but I did just do the bumper removal for air filter and headlight washer replacement, I can confirm it is a single connection per side for all of the parking assist sensors.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:47 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tallpaul View Post
Haven't had the failure, but I did just do the bumper removal for air filter and headlight washer replacement, I can confirm it is a single connection per side for all of the parking assist sensors.
I thought the sensor connection was only on the passenger side? I donít remember doing a disconnect on the drivers other than the running lights

Old 02-27-2019, 05:49 PM
tallpaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by stealthn View Post

I thought the sensor connection was only on the passenger side? I don’t remember doing a disconnect on the drivers other than the running lights
Definitely on both sides, at least on my 2011 turbo model.
- Orange parking lights: Both sides (little connectors with medal clips)
- Parking Assist connector: Both sides, plastic press in connector
- Headlight washer line: Single passenger side connection