Sponsored by:

Considering ceramic coating and paint correction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 09:22 AM
Bobby Buggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah its all the prep work that has me saying...... Id rather be on the boat

Old 07-08-2019, 09:50 AM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
[QUOTE=ciaka;4790113
At the end of the day, I am happy, and that is what I was aiming at. Maybe one day I can get my skills up to match his mojo in the paint correction department.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you are happy with his work. What's the cost? I can use it as baseline ... Thank You.

Old 07-08-2019, 02:01 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Researched locally to look for a small shop, with few people, that has long history of success.
Found one locally. Paid $1340 total, cash. That included wash, decontamination, cutting (3 stages), polishing (2 stages), ceramic pro coating (total 6 layers) including wheels, windows, etc, etc.
This includes lifetime warranty on the cerami coat, registered with company via vin.

Originally Posted by dougcayenne
Glad to hear you are happy with his work. What's the cost? I can use it as baseline ... Thank You.

Last edited by ciaka; 07-09-2019 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:45 AM
Mazurda is an unknown quantity at this point
I also have a black PTT and the swirl marks were unbearable when I got it. When I got into the car business almost 20 years ago I detailed cars. If you want to an easy DIY paint correction and have almost ceramic pro like finish it's pretty basic and ciaka is spot on with his posts.

I picked car up from dealer after checking for recall, so it was already washed...parked in a cool, dry place. Used Mother's clay bar kit on the whole car, started at the back and waited for front to cool down so the clay bar wouldn't melt. Wipe away excess detail spray after you no longer feel grit on clay. Work small areas at a time to avoid product from drying.

Then an application of Sonax spray wax and seal on a the car after hosing it down to make the surface wet, that also sprays right off.

In between you can use chemical guys Black Light finish enhancer for dark color cars.

All in all, under $100 bucks and a few hours of your time and you will feel accomplished and love the look of the car and the way water beads off for weeks.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:43 PM
LouDA is on a distinguished road
Paint correction, if done incorrectly, can be a very costly mistake to take on yourself if you DIY it. That being said, Porsche paint is also super forgiving and very soft so easy to remove scratches and imperfections without removing too much clear coat.

The price you quoted is a pretty good deal depending on what theyre using to ceramic coat it with.

Ceramic is basically great way to protect against light scratches and does legitinately protect the car way better than a standard wax but it wont stop chips and such happening. Thats when you go the PPF route 😊

With all of that - I paint corrected and coated the Panamera with Gtechniq and am super impressed by its beading, dirt repellant and general easy of cleaning.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:43 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
They used the Ceramic Pro H9 ceramic coating. After job, car is registered nationally for lifetime warranty on the ceramic coat.

Originally Posted by LouDA
Paint correction, if done incorrectly, can be a very costly mistake to take on yourself if you DIY it. That being said, Porsche paint is also super forgiving and very soft so easy to remove scratches and imperfections without removing too much clear coat.
The price you quoted is a pretty good deal depending on what theyre using to ceramic coat it with.
Ceramic is basically great way to protect against light scratches and does legitinately protect the car way better than a standard wax but it wont stop chips and such happening. Thats when you go the PPF route 😊
With all of that - I paint corrected and coated the Panamera with Gtechniq and am super impressed by its beading, dirt repellant and general easy of cleaning.